PDA

View Full Version : sv4 still saying its not a file of this ird ? help

pauly123
15th October, 2009, 11:41 AM
hi i got a sv4 not a clone i istalled firmware 1.10 on my friends couple weeks ago his is fine i just got my sv4 new from shop not a clone tryed the same firmware im getting message its not a file of this ird , when i try to install from the usb when it displays it has a warning message however i have tryed v1.07 as someone sugested and v 1.12 still the same message i have also formated usb in fat 32 could my box be faulty ? thankyou in advance for all your help paul

larryoke
15th October, 2009, 03:18 PM
hi i got a sv4 not a clone i istalled firmware 1.10 on my friends couple weeks ago his is fine i just got my sv4 new from shop not a clone tryed the same firmware im getting message its not a file of this ird , when i try to install from the usb when it displays it has a warning message however i have tryed v1.07 as someone sugested and v 1.12 still the same message i have also formated usb in fat 32 could my box be faulty ? thankyou in advance for all your help paul
Did you format the usb on a pc or sv, best on pc, then it's just a case of dragging & dropping the correct file onto usb, I use v1.07 with no problems, when are you getting the warning message, before you transfer to usb or from usb to sv

pauly123
15th October, 2009, 05:18 PM
Did you format the usb on a pc or sv, best on pc, then it's just a case of dragging & dropping the correct file onto usb, I use v1.07 with no problems, when are you getting the warning message, before you transfer to usb or from usb to sv
thanks for all your help i sorted it the shop give me a replacment starview 5 and ive been trying to install incorrect firmware any way got correct firmware for sv5 no probs all up and running again thanks to evryone my stupid mistake paul cheers

larryoke
15th October, 2009, 05:23 PM
Gr8 to hear your sorted, and at least you came back to say thanks and admit your mistake, happy viewing

bvilleuk
15th October, 2009, 09:43 PM
thanks for all your help i sorted it the shop give me a replacment starview 5 and ive been trying to install incorrect firmware any way got correct firmware for sv5 no probs all up and running again thanks to evryone my stupid mistake paul cheers

Takes GUTS to admit your wrong -- I never do it !!

Enjoy your STARVIEW!! :thrasher: