PDA

View Full Version : DBOX 2 not booting up after flash with blade quad

7th August, 2008, 12:21 PM
hi there.

i am a newbie to the dbox and recently flashed my dbox with the blade quad image. i am having some problems unfortunately getting the box to start up. i have connected this through ethernet and successfully flashed images onto it already (unfortunately older images). after doing some research i seen the most critically acclaimed one was the blade quad image. i then decided to flash the box but ran into a problem.

the box restarted and gave the logo for the image and the LCD display showed the Virgin Telewest logo. the LCD display then showed 'loading kernel' and the box just goes no further.

ive tried rebooting the box but it will stay stuck on 'loading kernel'

im resigned to now flashing it again via NULL modem cable. does anyone have any advice on if ive done anything wrong.

am i correct in thinking that simply flashing the image and running a scan for the channels is all i need to get it fully up and running.

any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Col

gizmo.1484
7th August, 2008, 12:32 PM
You will have to use a fta program now to flash your box.
Where did you get your image from as it could be corrupt try flash with the same image and see what happens if same thing try another image...
When you have flashed successful then just scan

krazylegz
7th August, 2008, 12:45 PM
the first thing to do is make sure you have the correct image for your box ie 1x or 2x m8.

if you have the correct one then is is possible that the image was corrupted when downloaded, if so try and flash again

sbance
7th August, 2008, 01:01 PM
hi there.

i am a newbie to the dbox and recently flashed my dbox with the blade quad image. i am having some problems unfortunately getting the box to start up. i have connected this through ethernet and successfully flashed images onto it already (unfortunately older images). after doing some research i seen the most critically acclaimed one was the blade quad image. i then decided to flash the box but ran into a problem.

the box restarted and gave the logo for the image and the LCD display showed the Virgin Telewest logo. the LCD display then showed 'loading kernel' and the box just goes no further.

ive tried rebooting the box but it will stay stuck on 'loading kernel'

im resigned to now flashing it again via NULL modem cable. does anyone have any advice on if ive done anything wrong.

am i correct in thinking that simply flashing the image and running a scan for the channels is all i need to get it fully up and running.

any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Col

I would use a IFA to try flashing the image again. Ensure your have the correct image for your dbox (ie 1 or 2).

Get the lastest IFA here which runs on vista
http://www.hallenburg.com/freedownloads.php

Connect this up with a null modem and then reflash the image onto the box.

Once you have successfully flashed the image and it is working properly we can get the channels and make it work.

7th August, 2008, 01:16 PM
thanks for the advice so far. i purchased a NULL modem cable which should be arriving in the post today.

what version of the blade quad image should i use and where is the best place to find it? ive heard blade quad nuetrino is quite good but no sure where to find a copy.

by the way its a 2x Nokia Dbox that i have

gizmo.1484
7th August, 2008, 01:22 PM
There is one in downloads but has no k*ys or r*ms installed.
You will have to put them in yourself into var/k*ys.

7th August, 2008, 01:40 PM
ive got the BigMAQ toolbar. is this the best place to get the updated key files?

gizmo.1484
7th August, 2008, 01:45 PM
ive got the BigMAQ toolbar. is this the best place to get the updated key files?

The images there have the k*ys in the image already so all you need to do is flash the image and scan.

krazylegz
7th August, 2008, 01:47 PM
or get the keys from here they work perfectly
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/11869006...mbox_stuff.rar)

7th August, 2008, 02:53 PM
brilliant. ill try it out and see how i get on.

thanks again for the advice.

<--0103953 added 65 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...-->

Hi krazylegz i cannot see links in the forums yet as i am a new user. are you able to pmm or email me the link to the keys?

many thanks

krazylegz
7th August, 2008, 02:58 PM
just emailed you m8;)

soggybiscuit
10th August, 2008, 07:20 PM
hi i am having the same problem...

its stuck on the loading kernel part...

i tried using IFA at first but didnt seem to connect...

so i tried ftp...

during the ftp it only did about 700kb and then stopped

now i dunno what to do...

have I bricked it?

not even sure if i can ftp to it or ping it now

krazylegz
10th August, 2008, 07:25 PM
try IFA again and you might have to use a null modem, but IFA usually sorts it with a standard RJ45 crossover cable.

if the box isnt booting up fully you're totally wasting your time trying to ftp

redhound
10th August, 2008, 08:25 PM
a early version of ifa is needed as later versions try to backup a failed flash and leave you back to square one.
a long time since i have fiddled with these and dont use them anymore.

aftermath
10th August, 2008, 08:30 PM
If all else fails read here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1531)

works fine on XP,

Vista has a different version, explained in the later posts in the same thread.

soggybiscuit
10th August, 2008, 11:19 PM
THANKS EVERYONE...

the older version of IFA worked really well...

unfortunately... i forgot to backup the original keys and other stuff.

Sigh!

fysh3
20th October, 2008, 09:58 PM
I just did exactly the same thing with the quad image from BigMaq. Now I'm trying to download the IFA so I can same my beloved box. hehe. I think that the image fime must of been corrupted, so i'm gonna try to go back to my old image file. I will let you all know how I get on, when I finally find where to get the IFA from! lol

fysh3
20th October, 2008, 10:24 PM
IFA gives me the message that "the mediasening could not be disabled, contact your administrator". I continue, and after a warning about hyper threading, it seems to be working, but when I look to the bottom of the screen, it says that pinging the dbox failed. What am i doing wrong? I'm using a laptop, so I have no null modem port, so am doing all of this with a crossover cable.

Devilfish
20th October, 2008, 10:44 PM
Pres the UP arrow and the standyby button on the front of the box and it will reboot. Don't touch the laptop. Because you are not using a null modem cable, it will be hit and miss when it takes over the boot process. So you will need to keep pressing the up arrow and standby buttons to keep rebooting until it connects. It can take 50 reboots.

fysh3
20th October, 2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks, I will give it a go :)

fysh3
20th October, 2008, 11:35 PM
I give up! lol I'm gonna wait till the weekend, when I can connect with a null modem cable. Thanks for all your help, wish I hadn't tried to fix what wasn't broken. hehe. Will let you all know how I get on