PDA

View Full Version : Got Uncharted 2 early, 3/4 in, my impressions....

Raven
15th October, 2009, 03:23 PM
I can't give this game a 10/10 until I've completed it in all fairness, but I will say this, the game is so good, in fact it's better than good - it's bloody immense! This is the real deal. Graphics, detail, animation and voice acting are all on another planet in this game they really are. And the game is a lot of fun to play too much like the original, except the shooting mechanics and controls have been tweaked and it's more fun now, but the flip side to this is that shootouts are easier now with less requirement to actually take cover, but the positive is the shooting is "more realistic" now.

All the best games have certain "moments" of awesomeness or showboating that you'll remember long after playing it....and this game has lots of those. I won't spoil them but the train level is cool because it's not the usual "repeat same 3 backgrounds therefore going past the exact same rock 100 times if looking closely" oh no, in this game that train actually twists and turns around the track and goes through many areas, well, like a real train would. And you're trying to shoot the baddies on the roof of the next cart along as their cart bends around the train track before yours does....

1 word, wow!

dazza78
25th October, 2009, 12:01 PM
I can't give this game a 10/10 until I've completed it in all fairness, but I will say this, the game is so good, in fact it's better than good - it's bloody immense! This is the real deal. Graphics, detail, animation and voice acting are all on another planet in this game they really are. And the game is a lot of fun to play too much like the original, except the shooting mechanics and controls have been tweaked and it's more fun now, but the flip side to this is that shootouts are easier now with less requirement to actually take cover, but the positive is the shooting is "more realistic" now.

All the best games have certain "moments" of awesomeness or showboating that you'll remember long after playing it....and this game has lots of those. I won't spoil them but the train level is cool because it's not the usual "repeat same 3 backgrounds therefore going past the exact same rock 100 times if looking closely" oh no, in this game that train actually twists and turns around the track and goes through many areas, well, like a real train would. And you're trying to shoot the baddies on the roof of the next cart along as their cart bends around the train track before yours does....

1 word, wow!

just got my copy on friday m8!
only played it yesterday for the first time , and WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its amazing!!! didnt want to put the game down , had to though as had to do some work for the father in law (family gettin in the way of my gameing)

goin back on it in a min , have you tried it online yet raven?
i did on the beta , but not yet on the actual game , gonna wait till ive completed it

WICKED GAME everyone should buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!
dazza

Raven
25th October, 2009, 03:37 PM
I think most people are buying it, because the Slim's been selling like hot cakes and some people are even buying PS3's for this game.

I haven't tried the full game online yet, I'm also completing the single player before I venture into the online, but I don't play games online really as I much prefer the old school norm of single player and multiplayer with your m8s in the same room. Plus there's nothing worse than lag and cheaters to ruin a game online, at least with offline multiplayer it's competetive and fair. The only problem is split screen with shooters. Sports and fighting/wrestling games are cool though because you can play full screen.

Anyway I played the Uncharted2 beta online but I felt what ruined an otherwise fantastic multiplayer was the bullet sponging headshots and the melee system being more powerful at close range than the shotgun - which of course led to everyone just running through AK47 gunfire Matrix style and punching you once or twice and you're dead. Plus the match making went to pot the last 2 times I treid to get a game....but as I say I haven't tried it with the full game yet. I'm hoping it's fixed, because the core gameplay for a multiplayer game there is superb - cover based shooting/tactics, stealth system attack system and platforming what's not to like ?! But the bullet sponging and melee strength is a big problem which is a shame, but Naughty Dog are on record saying they are actively changing up things like that transparently. So I'll have to wait and see.

dazza78
28th October, 2009, 09:56 AM
i agree m8 im gonna complete the game first aswell b4 goin online , i did try the beta also and found it a little bit strange in some parts , but i put that down to it bein the beta? have'nt tried it online since i got the full game !

lovein the game though WICKED
even my 5 yr old is on it constantly , hes even further than me! lmao , didnt know you could do split screen multiplayer though !!! give that ago later when hes back from school .
dazza

Raven
28th October, 2009, 12:23 PM
No m8 you can't do split screen in Uncharted 2....I just meant that I prefer offline multiplayer as opposed to online generally speaking.

dazza78
29th October, 2009, 12:17 PM
ha ha lol , never mind , got it wrong then ! lmao

Raven
29th October, 2009, 12:56 PM
Minor details eh lol