PDA

View Full Version : winterboard in Cydia...

smokey_jnr
15th October, 2009, 03:54 PM
hey guys... i have a 3gs running 3.1.2 i have downloaded winterboard and a dozen themes but it doesn't seem to work..

it used to work on 3.0 but now its not playing ball... any ideas..?/ is it not compatible with 3.1.2...??

also categories in cydia doesn't seem to work me either... anybody else having issues....???

drakov
19th October, 2009, 06:25 PM
I had the same issue after jailbreaking on 3.1.2 firmware, I thought it was because I installed Icy, Rock and Cydia (don't ask why I did that) LOL, couldn't get any themes to work so decided to go back to normal 3.1.2 and re-jailbreak it installing just Rock as it did seem a bit better than cydia and also had everything I needed from cydia anyways (at least on first glance it did), my problem now is I cannot get past the connect to itunes screen during jailbreak and it's driving me crazy, especially since I already did it previously.

smokey_jnr
19th October, 2009, 07:42 PM
don;t waorry i di the same thing.. i managed to get my phone back up with just cydia and rock... but still cant winterborder or backgrounder to work... to key apps i heavly relied on with the last jailbreak........

let me knw if you crack it, i will keep u udated.

smokey_jnr
19th October, 2009, 08:13 PM
dude i cracked it.. i went back into Rock and restored from a recent backup.. which worked great saved me years trying to download all tweaks and settings.. i then went in to winterboard and re-installed the prog....

and now i have the glass orb as my theme and backgrounder working.....

drakov
19th October, 2009, 08:21 PM
I still need to find a proper guide with known issues on re-jailbreaking mine, it seems blackra1n does have known issues, I have tried about 30 times to do it again and all same error:>( is there any other prog that will do it using windows? I can't even downgrade firmware either itunes keeps giving an error.

smokey_jnr
19th October, 2009, 08:34 PM
I still need to find a proper guide with known issues on re-jailbreaking mine, it seems blackra1n does have known issues, I have tried about 30 times to do it again and all same error:>( is there any other prog that will do it using windows? I can't even downgrade firmware either itunes keeps giving an error.
what firmware are you on...??? did u just update in ITunes or are you using an pwned IPSW..?

drakov
19th October, 2009, 08:50 PM
what firmware are you on...??? did u just update in ITunes or are you using an pwned IPSW..?

Firmware 3.1.2 via Itunes, I tried countless custom ones earlier legit firmwares and nothing will install except the 3.1.2 legit version, that's same version I jailbroke it before so know it can be done (although it did take 5 attempts), but now it seems nothing I do works, going to try again in a few hrs if I can find the incentive LOL

smokey_jnr
19th October, 2009, 09:09 PM
once you have upgraded to 3.1/3.1.2 you cant downgrade to any other firmware....... what you need to do is

what i did was to
1. do a restore and activate handset
2. ran black rain
3. installed Rock and restored from previous backup..
4. searched and re-installed winterboard...

drakov
20th October, 2009, 12:27 AM
finally done it although it was that many attempts I forgot how LOL
Cydia still gives me the same issue I had before upgrading though:( just closes as soon as app opens so using Rock for now as it seems to have what I need

dell_xps
20th October, 2009, 12:45 AM
Just updated my Iphone to custom firmware 3.1.2, both seem good to me.