PDA

View Full Version : radio code

grezacediagnostics
15th October, 2009, 04:08 PM
Please help i require radio code for 2005 citroen berlingo, chassis no.VF7BYRHZB86179965, thanks in advance

CodeB
15th October, 2009, 04:15 PM
Do you have the memory dump from the radio ?

obdmaster
15th October, 2009, 04:18 PM
Someone should be able to get from chassis i cant, but if someone has access to dealer information. If members can get pin codes pretty sure they can get radio codes

grezacediagnostics
15th October, 2009, 06:48 PM
Do you have the memory dump from the radio ?

No i dont have dump, disconnected a customers battery, while getting it to run, a bit ago now. But he keeps pestering me about his code. If one of you could get it me from vin no. be great. If not at least ive tried, thanks for reply though code b . The offer is appreciated.

CodeB
15th October, 2009, 07:10 PM
But he keeps pestering me about his code

I bet he wouldn't pester you for his Bank "PIN" code if he lost that, not your fault !!!!!!!!!

Most new Citroen/Peugeot radios are actually VIN coded to the car, this means you do not need a code number for the radio. Even if you disconnect the battery, on reconnection the radio will operate as normal and not ask for a code.

However if you transfer a radio to an identical car then the radio will not operate correctly and you will hear a beep coming from the speakers constantly (this will happen until the VIN no. is changed & is a good check that the radio is working & suitable for the car ).

I can change the VIN no. that is stored in the radios memory chip to match your vehicle, but I would need a copy of the memory dump. :(

Main dealers only access a database of vehicles that they have sold which includes the radio code for the original radio that was fitted at the time it was sold, this is why people have problems further down the line when somebody swaps out a unit.

I do a lot of work for dealers because they haven't got the equipment that I have which lets me access memory chips and find the code which is normally encrypted as well.