PDA

View Full Version : HDD size for Starview PVR

urbanwarrior
15th October, 2009, 07:21 PM
I boutht a 500GB HDD for my Starview PVR. IT would not work, I had great help from Larryoke who told me he thought it could be too big.Note Window will not let you format Fat32 above 32GB I messed about with some free software I got from the net "Fat32formatter" 1.0 by TOKIWA. Conecting this to my laptop it allowed me to re partition my HDD. It was very easy. Just remeber to intiate the partion. I tried several setting and the highest I got it to work on was 220GB before I gave up. Note - 280GB was to big. I turned the starview off. coneccted the HDD and switched it on. then switched on the SV4. After it had settled. pressed the record button. everything freezed. switched of the HDD. A logo for the USB came up on the screen saying USB unattached . I switched the HDD back on. waited 30 sec Pressed record. and the RECit initiated and it wroks. I hope this helps some one else who has a larger HDD and wants to use it :barscarf:

urbanwarrior
17th October, 2009, 02:11 PM
Quick update - tried it again - this time I manage to use all 500GB of the HDD - note it does take a little time to initially boot but it does work. 500GB is about 200 x 90 min films.

DESSERTDOG
17th October, 2009, 04:04 PM
Yep used this myself today to format a 40gig usb hard drive and it done it fine.This was in Vista so it should help some