PDA

View Full Version : 98 Astra Immo

Liteace
15th October, 2009, 09:01 PM
Hi All Need help. Ive got here a 98 Astra 1400, they have been forcing the key round to start it as opposed to having the ignition switch changed and now they have broken the shaft from the barrel that goes into the switch. I can either get another barrel and key from the scrap yard and change the transponder in the key or get a new barrel from the dealer with new keys (they do have there car pass with pin number) and get that programmed. Where is the immo on this model, is it in the ECU or is it anything like the Golf 3 where it has a separate immo box. I don?t as yet have OP\VAX-COM so I can?t program anything, what?s the best to do ?

Thanks
Steve

grezacediagnostics
15th October, 2009, 09:06 PM
The im*obiliser unit is integrated with the aerial that sits around the ignition barrel, hope that helps (siemens)

Get replacement barrel and key programme keys with either op-com or t300 key programmer

Liteace
15th October, 2009, 09:09 PM
But that part still has to be matched to the ECU, I cant just get barrel key and immo from brakers and plug and play ???

grezacediagnostics
15th October, 2009, 09:17 PM
But that part still has to be matched to the ECU, I cant just get barrel key and im*o from brakers and plug and play ???

yes the immobiliser ecu just clips off column, remove old barrel, fit new barrel, take chip out of old key put into new key. and no need for programming either

Meat-Head
15th October, 2009, 09:39 PM
take chip out of old key put into new key. and no need for programming either

yes, awesome, i've done it myself, and it adds to the excitement if the customer looses the key.

by the time you have gone to the scrapyard, you might have well ordered a keyed alike barrell from the dealer using the security card.

then that way, no hassle.