PDA

View Full Version : mk2 VW GTI commonrail conversion tuning woes

GtITd
20th July, 2017, 04:22 PM
Hey all,

I converted my 1991 VW GTI to CJAA power from a 2010 VW Jetta TDI DSG. I used a TDI 02A transmission that I modified to have a sixth gear with a kit from the Czech republic. My cousin from Germany sent me a immo-deleted and tuned ecu that is apparently manual transmission specific from a tuner friend of his over there. Car goes like a bat out of hell but has a few persistent problems that I am narrowing down to the ecu.
Altitude/Boost pressure correlation codes. Reads 499 mBar when key turned on. Can start car and clear codes and engine light goes away. Seems to consistently over boost, the turbo adjustments are correct and the actuator works fine.
Cruising in 5th or 6th gear, the power delivery becomes very rough, like the ecu is confused as to where it should be set...glow plug light begins flashing, loses throttle input, and goes into limp mode. When this happens it throws DBW control module codes, as well as altitude/boost correlation.

I want to try a different tune on my donor car's original ecu but apparently you cannot use a DSG car ecu in a manual? not a simple coding change like with EDC15 or 16?

My cousin's tuner friend is claiming that he has no idea what is going on. I have gone over my work and find no faults. When I connect my stock donor car ecu none of the same trouble codes come back.

Tuners over here in the states are telling me I need to purchase a virgin manual car ecu and perform the immo delete on the bench. One tuner is saying that he cannot reflash the ecu from germany because he doesnt have a matching batch file or something.

Hoping someone can help so I can enjoy this car a little bit. I started the project over a year ago and really wish I could use it before summer is over.

If anyone knows what part number I should be looking for if I need to purchase a virgin ecu, please share!

part number of my stock ecu is
03L 906 019 CM