PDA

View Full Version : Is This File Service Legit???

Lauris1988
21st July, 2017, 12:35 AM
Hi, I approached an ECU file service http://www.enginetuning.eu it is a Lithuanian based website, so the owner is more likely to be Lithuanian just like myself. File service is as cheap as ~30Euros per map. The owner claims he makes files himself. I just wanted to make sure that it's not some kind of scam when somebody buys cheap ECU map pack from eBay and pretends he makes files. While many of those files are actually dangerous. I am planning to do some chiptuning for my clients, so I need to find normal file solution. Tell me what you think about enginetuning.eu. I don't want to make any anti-comercial for the site though. I need real reviews, maybe someone already used his service and have something to say :) Thanks in advance.

pulsar2000
21st July, 2017, 07:22 AM
Who knows how well tuned, you wont know untill you try,
Have you not thought to call or email him and ask how he tunes his files ?
if you read his Articles it says he uses winols, so looks like he tunes files himself,

post orig and one of his files up then we can tell you if good or Bad,
that many tuners on here and even a well tuned map will often have Critics,
so you might as well say BAD map, as whoever judges will always have tuned a bit differently :>

oldford
21st July, 2017, 08:29 AM
A few quotes from the site:
Serious chiptuners read much books and articles.
The vehicle in video is: Ford Focus 1.6i Cabrio 2008 year. Original 101 HP, after remap hopefully 115 HP

Serious chiptuners also use serious equipment to measure the power gains and do not "hope" on gains, but rather know the gain.
They also measure exhaust gasses to see whether the vehicle will still pass the MOT tests that are used in a lot of countries.
They also check these exhaust gasses to see if the mixture is correct at WOT on petrol cars.

I wouldn't risk an engine using one of these remaps.

CustomCars
21st July, 2017, 10:17 AM
Hoho, that's look nice, testing on customers vehicles :-)
Adn they based on allready made file to download and for that u pay. Not for prepare file 4you.

Lauris1988
21st July, 2017, 04:21 PM
I will upload the first file I buy from him and an original one for guys, So you can take a look to it and tell me what you think. If it's a good remap, maybe it will be suitable for anyone on this community. I am willing to share and exchange you know, for learning purposes mostly. I am interested in any of your offers too, maybe you deliver file service better than this one I posted about. Let me know, contact me :) P.S. I will upload files next week, I will get my MPPS on monday (why MPPS you say? Because now I need to chip a bunch of older VAG cars, It was cheap and should do the job)

Lauris1988
21st July, 2017, 04:26 PM
Hoho, that's look nice, testing on customers vehicles :-)
Adn they based on allready made file to download and for that u pay. Not for prepare file 4you.

Well I am not willing to test on my clients cars, that's why I want to do my homework before I tune something. First of all I am looking for trusty file service, so I can do safe Stage 1 and some EGR, DTC, DPF, IMMO, Flaps stuff. I use Delphi diagnostics and VAG for fail searching and some basic VAG coding, but that is not enough to disable IMMO or EGR, that's why I decided to start with chiptuning.

Lauris1988
21st July, 2017, 07:02 PM
Who knows how well tuned, you wont know untill you try,
Have you not thought to call or email him and ask how he tunes his files ?
if you read his Articles it says he uses winols, so looks like he tunes files himself,

post orig and one of his files up then we can tell you if good or Bad,
that many tuners on here and even a well tuned map will often have Critics,
so you might as well say BAD map, as whoever judges will always have tuned a bit differently :>

Yes, I had a short solid chat with the owner of this service, well I mean, who's stupid enough to demote his own service? I did not ask if he makes the files himself or not, but I actually am looking forward to try it, no one forces me to stay with one until I find a solid service. But you know I thought maybe someone has already tried this guy.

pulsar2000
21st July, 2017, 11:00 PM
Yes, I had a short solid chat with the owner of this service, well I mean, who's stupid enough to demote his own service? I did not ask if he makes the files himself or not, but I actually am looking forward to try it, no one forces me to stay with one until I find a solid service. But you know I thought maybe someone has already tried this guy.

To get a solid reliable service every ecu. all aspects. EGR. DPF . DTC SWIRL etc, 100% always,
There is no GOD that does all ! trust me i do this along time, Yes many many good but not Master of all

Lauris1988
22nd July, 2017, 01:19 AM
To get a solid reliable service every ecu. all aspects. EGR. DPF . DTC SWIRL etc, 100% always,
There is no GOD that does all ! trust me i do this along time, Yes many many good but not Master of all

One who never fails is not doing anything. That's the only way not to fail haha :D