PDA

View Full Version : dbox2 problem scanning

mini
7th August, 2008, 06:40 PM
I got 2 dbox's 1 is working fine with blade quad. the other just says waiting and when I search its not picking up anything (no transponders or channels).
Is it definetly a faulty tuner and how would i go about solving this problem?
Any help appreciated.....

krazylegz
7th August, 2008, 06:56 PM
buy a new tuner and hope you're a superb solderer with the right size soldering euipment or sell the box as faulty and get a dreambox or other dbox

Renwich
7th August, 2008, 07:08 PM
what image is the suspect box running, have u set your location.?

mini
7th August, 2008, 07:20 PM
blade quad image. I copied everything across from the other box and still not working, tried 3 different images also without luck. Not even receiving free to air channels.

plasterer
7th August, 2008, 07:58 PM
Is the time correct in the Lcd Display
Have you tried the box Direct to the Feed
Removeing all splitters .......Paul:tee:

mini
7th August, 2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah tried it with the main feed still same problem. I copied all my channel list and k**** across and still no channels or transponders. I'm not getting the FTA channels either.

gizmo.1484
7th August, 2008, 10:17 PM
Have you tried fiddling with the connecter at the back to see if it is lose?

standarren
8th August, 2008, 08:03 PM
Have you tried fiddling with the connecter at the back to see if it is lose?
i recently set up a box for my pal i had a nightmare with it any way after 3 days going down there i found the problem the iner insulation on the aeriel plug going to the dbox must have been arching across i cut it very straight with a stanley knife and voila it found the transponders just goes to show you have finicky they can be double check all connections if unsure cut the cable and put new conectors on hope this helps daz
please dont for get the thanks button

mini
9th August, 2008, 12:50 AM
The tuner part on the outside of the box has got solder on it touching the box would that make a difference.....
The other box works fine on the cable lines without any problems...

smoggie
9th August, 2008, 11:25 AM
looks like someone may have resoldered the coax connector on, may be best to desolder the the connector and then resolder making sure the connector is making contact.

smoggie
11th August, 2008, 10:05 PM
have you got it sorted mini??

mini
11th August, 2008, 11:25 PM
no not yet, have'nt had time to do anything. Gona try tomorow to see if I can get it resoldered. I'll let you know how it goes............