PDA

View Full Version : Eurovox ex5000pvr.

wheezystorm
7th August, 2008, 07:10 PM
Hi All.
I'm hopefully getting the Eurovox ex5000pvr with hard drive on Monday.When I do get it will I have to download the firmware file 1.1A or 1.1 version to flash the box,or both?Probably been asked before but I can't help but ask.Also when I have flashed the box I then connect my cable and scan for channels is this correct?
Thanx in advance Wheezystorm.:party :

Devilfish
7th August, 2008, 07:28 PM
It's always best to flash the latest firmware as this will have the latest fixes and features. So I would go for 1.1a.

wheezystorm
7th August, 2008, 08:35 PM
It's always best to flash the latest firmware as this will have the latest fixes and features. So I would go for 1.1a.

Thanx for the reply devilfish,when your new to all this you get a bit wary in case you damage the box. cheers.:)

marvo
7th August, 2008, 10:09 PM
use a null modem to flash the v1.1a and then it goes into scan mode after its loded firmware..sometimes you have to be a bit patient as it goes through its steps. It will ask you to ok scan after searching for transponders.

lincsat
8th August, 2008, 01:14 PM
Depends where you get it from, some suppliers do pre-load the latest firmware and test the boxes prior to dispatch - or maybe that's just me :)