PDA

View Full Version : dm800 hd

john1509
16th October, 2009, 10:39 PM
ok guys i have just got myself a dm800. it is taking over from my faithful dm 500. got my 800 up and running on 28e. but for the life of me cant get it to move my motor. if i put my 500 back on the motor moves fine anyone got anything that i can try tx. someone said i have to clear the motor settings cos it has the settings init for the 500 is that right

john1509
17th October, 2009, 02:28 PM
hi guys cant any one help me out with something to try tx

kdol
17th October, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hi, Also in same position as you. No problem with DM500 but 800 is a different story!!

My findings are that on reboot using a sat finder meter power is shown and I can manually move the motor.
My conclusions so far are that the motor is OK, the cabling is OK and its a tuner configuration or more likely a software problem.
Mine's a clone and I am in touch with the supplier but no response as yet and dont anticipate one till next week.

What I find strange is if I go into Sat Finder (even when the dish is pointed at a sat and has a strong signal) initially there is no signal shown. If I click the Tune Manual transponder option & change this to Predefined transponder there is still no signal. Then when I click on it again and switch back to manual transponder the signal is shown fine SNR & AGC - so why now and not when first going in?
When I shin up the ladder I can move the motor using the button on it but not via the 800 itself ... weird!!!

When I come out of Sat Finder the power in the LNB cable is switched off. ie the sat meter goes dead.

When I go into Positioner - this is the time when that power is critical - there is none available hence none of the options/buttons do anything to move the motor.

My conclusion at this point is there is sufficient power to move the motor etc but the 800 is not sending the signals to do so - via power to lnb.

It is possible that my tuner settings are contributing to this problem but have tried so many alternative settings that I think it is unlikely.

I don't like the way that after setting satellite etc on tuner this data is not passed to sat finder either.

If you get anywhere with yours let me know and I will do likewise.
Good Luck.:banghead:

john1509
17th October, 2009, 06:34 PM
hi kdol will do m8 will have a go tommoz not holding my breath tho

westkill
17th October, 2009, 08:21 PM
what settings you got in your tuner configeration

kdol
17th October, 2009, 08:42 PM
I've tried a whole variety but last opinion was to use advanced and drive the motor to scan individual sats.My settings were
Tuner - Advanced
Sat - take your pick (Thor 3)
LNB - LNB1
LOF - Universal
LOF/L - 09750
LOF/H - 10600
Threshold - 11700
Volts - Polarization
Inc volts - No
Tone - Band
Diseqc - 1.2
Toneburst - None
Committed - None
Fast Disq - No
Seq repeat - No
Command - committed, toneburst
Uncommitted - None
Dis Rep - None
Long - 1.300
Lat - 55.040
Usals - No
Stored - sat position ie 1 for Thor 3

Can you spot anything from these? Cheers. KD

westkill
17th October, 2009, 09:04 PM
using advanced as youve quoted
have you tryed having usuals as yes
is your longitude and latitude set for your area
longtitude***** west
latitude ***** north

kdol
17th October, 2009, 10:16 PM
The short answer is Yes & Yes.

The longer response is that initially wanted to use the simplified option with Usals and it was following numerous failed attempts in that direction that I decided to use the technique that worked best with the 500.
But as you can see none of this has worked.
The 800 handles a single satellite fine as long as it has not got to find it!!

westkill
17th October, 2009, 10:25 PM
have you tryed adding these settings in post #25
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f95/e2-channel-settings-cuberevo-45-east-53-west-47444/index2.html
with dreambox edit v3.0
here
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Dreambox edit . V3.0 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/dreambox-edit-v3-0-698/)

kdol
17th October, 2009, 11:19 PM
I have been concentrating on trying to get the thing to work so have not really done anything else yet. Totally new to all of this and its a heck of a learning curve!!
However, appreciate your pointer and have loaded the file. Was something I was interested in but had done nothing about so far.

Thanks for your help.

One (other) aspect I am battling with is how to load cccam and newcs. I have looked through the 'blue button' and nothing jumps out at me and have then trawled through how else to load them. Bit undecided on this.
Equally, I have not flashed anything as yet is this something I should have done by now?

Cheers.

westkill
17th October, 2009, 11:25 PM
is your box a original or a clone ?
you probally need to flash a new image
if you havnt so far :)

kdol
17th October, 2009, 11:39 PM
Its a clone. What I have made out so far is that its BootLoader72 with I believe Gemini 4.4.0 on it and of course Enigma2.
I have downloaded NabiloBlackHole_DM800_011.nfi but as yet have done nothing with it.

Any recommendations?

westkill
18th October, 2009, 12:00 AM
you could use this one
here
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/nabiloblackhole-v011-dreambox-800hd-clone-51779/

but is your box connected to the net/router ?
and its a gemini image
then you can download cams/emu,s and config files
i think
blue button>addons>
it think off the top of me head lol

john1509
18th October, 2009, 05:42 PM
well been trying to get my motor to work today on my dm800 still no joy. but when i plug my dm 500 in it works fine. i have tryed the settings in this post but nothing. if i connect the dm800 to my sky dish it works ok. is there any other settings that someone has for me to try tx

bobbyjoe
19th October, 2009, 03:52 PM
Configuration Mode Advanced
Satellite Astra/Eurobird (28.2E)
LNB LNB 1
Priority Auto
LOF Universal LNB
Voltage Mode Polarisation
Increased Voltage No
Tone Mode Band
Diseqc Mode 1.2
Toneburst None
Committed Diseqc Command None
Fast Diseqc No
Sequence Repeat Yes
Command Order Committed,Toneburst
Uncommitted Diseqc Command None
Diseqc Repeats None
Longitude
Latitde
Use Usuals No
Stored Position 001

Next Sat store position 002 and so on Ihave 7 setup
Hope this Helps bobby

john1509
19th October, 2009, 08:07 PM
hi bobbyjoe have tryed your settings but still nothing. what i have found is sometimes i get a error message tuner failed. but i have done all the settings that i can think of. the motor i have is a dg-280 diseqe h-h mount this works fine on my dm500. do you think it might be the lmb? tx

bala240
20th October, 2009, 10:45 AM
Please get the original DM 800. Only then we can help.

john1509
20th October, 2009, 01:27 PM
hi m8 this is a orignal dm800

bobbyjoe
20th October, 2009, 02:23 PM
hi bobbyjoe have tryed your settings but still nothing. what i have found is sometimes i get a error message tuner failed. but i have done all the settings that i can think of. the motor i have is a dg-280 diseqe h-h mount this works fine on my dm500. do you think it might be the lmb? tx

Hi john
do you have in your sevice searching menu satfinder or positioner setup you can motor the dish from there if you cant do this you have a problem
Regards Bobby

modey
20th October, 2009, 07:35 PM
Hi, Also in same position as you. No problem with DM500 but 800 is a different story!!

My findings are that on reboot using a sat finder meter power is shown and I can manually move the motor.
My conclusions so far are that the motor is OK, the cabling is OK and its a tuner configuration or more likely a software problem.
Mine's a clone and I am in touch with the supplier but no response as yet and dont anticipate one till next week.

What I find strange is if I go into Sat Finder (even when the dish is pointed at a sat and has a strong signal) initially there is no signal shown. If I click the Tune Manual transponder option & change this to Predefined transponder there is still no signal. Then when I click on it again and switch back to manual transponder the signal is shown fine SNR & AGC - so why now and not when first going in?
When I shin up the ladder I can move the motor using the button on it but not via the 800 itself ... weird!!!

When I come out of Sat Finder the power in the LNB cable is switched off. ie the sat meter goes dead.

When I go into Positioner - this is the time when that power is critical - there is none available hence none of the options/buttons do anything to move the motor.

My conclusion at this point is there is sufficient power to move the motor etc but the 800 is not sending the signals to do so - via power to lnb.

It is possible that my tuner settings are contributing to this problem but have tried so many alternative settings that I think it is unlikely.

I don't like the way that after setting satellite etc on tuner this data is not passed to sat finder either.

If you get anywhere with yours let me know and I will do likewise.
Good Luck.:banghead:

My dm800 is doing exactly the same thing, it's drivinf me mad, i upgraded from a 500 whih moves the motor fine, but with the 800 i'm getting the same problems as you

kdol
20th October, 2009, 07:58 PM
Hi Modey (& John),
Is yours a clone or original, not that it appears to make a difference. I see John's is original mine's a clone.

I still believe it is software that's the issue.

Does your 800 drive the motor at all? Mine will drive to zero when using positioner but none of the other options work so there is nothing wrong with the ability to drive it just does not get the signal to do so.

I can also drive the motor manually - again sufficient power is available - means the cabling etc is all OK too.

I've taken a couple of days rest cos it was getting obsessive. Now got a bit clearer head so will start diving in again.

What image are you guys using - mine is Gemini 4. Just wondering if this may be a link????

I saw on another site someone fixed theirs by reloading the whole thing more than once!!! Not so sure about this bit?

Cheers.

modey
20th October, 2009, 08:03 PM
mine is a clone and i'm running the nabilo image.

It drives the motor intermittently, but once it drives it to a position, thats it it doesn't move again, i can't even move it manually using the cloured buttons on the positioner, but when i connect my old 500s to the motor it moves that fine

but i agree it seems to ba an issue of the box not sending the signal to move it, the motor, cabling etc is fine

kdol
20th October, 2009, 08:23 PM
Not a lot to go on but....

Happens on Originals(1) & Clones(2)

Happens on Clone running Nabilo & Gemini

What boot loader version? Mine is #72

Clutching at straws I know but more we can get to contribute the more likely we may get a good lead .... hopefully!!

modey
20th October, 2009, 08:26 PM
Mine is on bootloader 72 aswell

Have you tried putting in a channel,sat list at all, i'm going to do that now

kdol
20th October, 2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah,
When I first had problems I plugged it in to my fixed Sly system and it worked well. Still not sorted the card bit yet though!!

From what I can see its only needing to get it to drive the bl**dy motor!

Got mine from Shenzhen BCT.digital company how about you?

My mate also got one at the same time and both are the same.

Not sure any of that is significant due to John being in the same boat as us.

modey
20th October, 2009, 08:57 PM
yeah thats where i got mine too.

I've been using it on the toneburst setting, which is basically switching between my 28e sky dish and my other dish on sat 13e and it's worked fine

It's just now when i've tried to set te motor up so i can get a few more sats it won't do it.

thing is there are loads of people on another forum i use got their clones from these nd they work fine

I'll have to go back to how it was for now and try again later, lost patience with it today

john1509
20th October, 2009, 11:07 PM
hi guys my dm800 wont even move my dish manualy if i go to positioner the boxes light up saying east or west and go to 0 but it wont budge. even go to 0 wont even do that. at the moment im using the box on my sky dish fixed working great. when i change over to my motor dish i struggle to get a signal have to mess about with settings in the tunner when i finaly get a pick its ok. but still wont move the dish btw im using gemini 4 myself. but have used Nabilo and it was still the same

kdol
20th October, 2009, 11:55 PM
Hi again John,
Thanks for your comments. By the way - my apologies on hijacking your thread.

Do you have a satellite meter, if so its worth connecting this between the 800 and your cable coming in to the house. That way when you do / try things you can see if there is any power being sent from the 800.

Its my findings when the meter lights up that power is available from the 800. If I climb the ladder I can use the controls on my Tech 2600 motor and move it where I want (manually). More importantly, when it does not light up there is no power available and the motor will not move.

When I go into Sat Finder, click on the tuner and change from Tune Manual transponder option & change this to Predefined transponder there is still no signal. Then when I click on it again and switch back to manual transponder the signal is shown fine with SNR & AGC. This also shows power to the LNB. The dish can be positioned anywhere I want in this setting.

When I go into positioner there is no power and so the dish cannot move.

It would be worth checking if this is the same for you.

What I am trying to establish is that we do have an identical problem or otherwise. What you have described on positioner is exactly what I also see.

Modey, I have sent you a pm. I think our supplier should be sorting this out for us.

Lets keep in touch guys, that the only way we may crack this. That is also the beauty of a site like this - we would never have met otherwise!!

ps John are you also on BL 72?

john1509
21st October, 2009, 12:03 AM
hi m8 im on bl 74 i think thats what the guy said whom i got the box off. how do i check this? and yes we all shud keep in touch to sort this out. will have a go tommoz so will post back then tx guys

modey
21st October, 2009, 11:43 PM
The problem we are having is exactly the same, i had a play again tonight, t moved the dish from positioner i scanned in a sat and it worked fine, tried to do another and it wouldn't move the dish, there was power going to the motor as the light was on but it wouldn't move it
If i go to positioner and try to move it manually it just won't move!!
I've sent the supplier an email as this must be a common fault with these boxes

yeah keep in touch and let me know how you guys get on and i'll do the same

mm009b
22nd October, 2009, 04:57 AM
hi all
i kind of had same problem my 800 would move from 28,23.5,19,16,13,7and 4.8 no problem just using east west on remote after that it seemed to freeze ie as you all say motor wont budge.
after weeks of ladder climbing i finaly done a install for a friend his dish is at ground level and i could see it move or not much eisier
what i found to be a solution was i put a plum bob and marked ground to see wot sat i was on
after each sat i would reeboot box then try next sat
so say im on sirius 4.8 i would then get best transponder for next sat like thor 5 then i would manualy move dish untill i get lock and sync then i could goto remote and fine tune .
after that manual scanned sat then reeboot then do next sat took me weeks but only way i could get it working its as if these boxes have a mind of there own i even found when i was pressing west the thing was going east
also when trying satfind it would go anywhere it wanted i tried resetting dish many of times but just got same results
hope this helps guys i know how frustrating this is especialy if you are doing it yourself good luck pls pm if anyone needs advise cheers all and good luck

ps after i had all sats stored dish goes to any sat i asked it too its weird but it works !

kdol
22nd October, 2009, 08:19 AM
mm009b,
Thanks for your response. Believe it or not its good to hear 'success stories' it gives me some encouragement that I am not wasting my time and have wasted my money on this kit....hopefully!

Even being an engineer I cannot understand the relationship between the 800 and the motor which is made worse when telling the box to go to zero and it goes to 19E or whatever.

Its just as well that when locked on a single sat the quality of picture etc is really excellent. I'll give your process another try.
Cheers.

modey
22nd October, 2009, 01:51 PM
the woman i've emailed from bzt said to try flashing it to origial gemini 4.2, not going to do that as it can't be used on a clone

john1509
22nd October, 2009, 07:07 PM
ok guys a quick update. last night i connected my dm500 and my dm800 at the same time. what i did was use my 500 to move to motor to each sat that i wanted then scanned the 800 in on that sat and so on with all the sats. so now my 800 has all the sats and channels working but it still wont move my dish. have tryed all the settings on this thread and not a hint of it moving. so am lost now what to do with this box. feel like smashing it to bits and keeping my faithful 500

modey
22nd October, 2009, 09:03 PM
ok guys a quick update. last night i connected my dm500 and my dm800 at the same time. what i did was use my 500 to move to motor to each sat that i wanted then scanned the 800 in on that sat and so on with all the sats. so now my 800 has all the sats and channels working but it still wont move my dish. have tryed all the settings on this thread and not a hint of it moving. so am lost now what to do with this box. feel like smashing it to bits and keeping my faithful 500

yep, i'm exactly the same mate, very frustrating!!

somebody on another forum has sugested it could be my settings in enigma 2 so i'm waiting for him to get back to me to explain what he means

someone on here also suggested the power supply should be 12v and 4amp, mine are 12v 2/3 amp but others i know are having no problem with the 3amp one

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/dm800-clone-motor-wont-budge-54617/

kdol
22nd October, 2009, 10:45 PM

Me too spent a day at my mate's doing the same with the same result!!!!
Perhaps multi lnb's is the safest way forward with these not motorised.

modey
22nd October, 2009, 11:03 PM
right guys i think i've sorted it.

enter your long lat in the tuner.

press Green, Yellow, Addons,Enigma 2 settings, and download Likra E2 settings (motor)

you should then have all the sats alredy scanned in, select one and it should move to the correct sat

don't go into the sat finder/positioner at all

worrked for me but i've just got to move the dish slightly as usals is out

modey
23rd October, 2009, 10:55 AM
mine is now 100% sorted, this was what the problem was, it's now moving to each sat and picking up all the channels

john1509
24th October, 2009, 01:04 AM
hi modey i cant find the files ( Likra E2 settings (motor) were can i get these. and were do i put them in the dreambox tx

mm009b
24th October, 2009, 01:33 AM
fantastic mate i will give it a go on monday can i pm you if i get stuck

bonzi
24th October, 2009, 09:35 AM
do you have the correct settings in the rotor setup in satellite settings lon and lat ?

john1509
24th October, 2009, 10:30 AM
hi bonzi think so m8 but when i get my say details from multi map. there all ways seem to be more numbers then i have have spaces in my dm. here are the details LAT 53:33:13N (53.55365) AND LON 2:46:07W (2.7685) so how would i enter theses into my box tx

westkill
24th October, 2009, 10:37 AM
hi bonzi think so m8 but when i get my say details from multi map. there all ways seem to be more numbers then i have have spaces in my dm. here are the details LAT (53:33:13N)(53.55365) AND LON 2:46:07W (2.7685) so how would i enter theses into my box tx

use the ones in brackets you may have to lose the last number :)

modey
24th October, 2009, 10:04 PM
hi modey i cant find the files ( Likra E2 settings (motor) were can i get these. and were do i put them in the dreambox tx

if you are using nabilo, you press press Green button on the remote which will bring up the nabilosat green panel, then press Yellow (addons) then the first selection Addons download manager, scroll down to Enigma 2 settings the box will then make a connection and download Likra E2 settings (motor) which is the second one down, it then downloads them onto the box automatically when you select it

kdol
28th October, 2009, 09:13 PM
Modey,
Thanks for your lead. My mate has completed your process and so have I and now we can zap between satellites mainly OK.

We both have gone over to blackhole 12 and use the Likra rotor settings.

However, we are not getting anything after 5 west. Are we missing something else?

Cheers.K

modey
29th October, 2009, 10:46 PM
Modey,
Thanks for your lead. My mate has completed your process and so have I and now we can zap between satellites mainly OK.

We both have gone over to blackhole 12 and use the Likra rotor settings.

However, we are not getting anything after 5 west. Are we missing something else?

Cheers.K

not sure to be honest as i can't get that far over mine goes between 1w and 28e

john1509
1st November, 2009, 10:24 AM
quick update. got it all working now turned out to be a software fault the image i had on was niablo 12 but it wasent right. a m8 came over to check it and he said its booting up to quick put another flash so he used his image and it took alot longer to boot up and it worked fine now. i was doing all the setting right but there was something wrong with the image i was using . just need to get itvhd now and it says its a data channel.and the voice is out of sync with the picture anyone know how to fix these using niblo v12 tx for all your help guys

kiko38
2nd November, 2009, 07:22 PM
i think i learn somewhere nabilo v0.12 have some problems

blue boy
3rd November, 2009, 01:38 AM
Mine arrived from China yesterday and I am also having problems, I am getting AGC...89% but not getting any SNR so I can't even do a scan, I have tried this on fixed dish and also a motorised dish and the signal is good on both with my 500s. I also have Genini 4.4 image.

Jimbob1985
8th November, 2009, 08:58 PM
Me to sometimes get snr then it just goes off picked a satellite up got it working for a few hours now nothing driving me mad!! You have any luck blue boy?

blue boy
9th November, 2009, 09:57 AM
I had the same problem so I tried to change the Image to Nabilosat
BH 12, when I flashed the box I got a Error CA NOT FOUND and thought the box was dead, to resolve this you have to also flash the second stage boot loader.

Everything I tried did not work and I thought the box was dead but as a last resort I bought another cable and hey presto it worked, it seems that you MUST use a NULL MODEM CABLE and not a SERIAL CABLE as a serial cable just will not communicate with dreamup.

After I managed to re flash (make sure you use a patched Image for clones if you have a clone) I am getting SNR of 80% but I am still trying to get the satellites sorted, the dish is moving to 19.2e when it should be moving to 28.2e and so on.

lemonpie
9th November, 2009, 10:59 AM
depending on what motor you have, my technomate motor has built in numbers which match the satellites, ie. 1 is 13east, 2 is 19.2east, 3 is 16 east, these must match in your rotor settings.
hope this helps.