PDA

View Full Version : Which program to correct Checksum for FREELANDER TD4 BOSCH DDE 4 ??

monstermurga
4th August, 2017, 05:49 AM
Hi, which program will work to correct the checksum of a mod file for a 2001 Freelander TD4 BOSCH DDE 4 ?

I tried ECM Titanium 1.6 and Winols 2.24 just to correct the checksum but it doesnt come with the needed driver ??

I also tried Checksum corrector but EDC15C4 isnt there.

Any program youd recommend ? Any driver available ?? I only need it to correct the checksum. Thankss !

cniky
4th August, 2017, 08:06 AM
Winols 1.5 or 1.7

TWINGO
4th August, 2017, 12:36 PM
Hi, which program will work to correct the checksum of a mod file for a 2001 Freelander TD4 BOSCH DDE 4 ?

I tried ECM Titanium 1.6 and Winols 2.24 just to correct the checksum but it doesnt come with the needed driver ??

I also tried Checksum corrector but EDC15C4 isnt there.

Any program youd recommend ? Any driver available ?? I only need it to correct the checksum. Thankss !

I use ecm6.3 and read/write ecu with rover driver.

monstermurga
4th August, 2017, 11:40 PM
Thanks, it was the first time i used galleto v54 and it warned that it wouldnt correct the checksum ( I tought it was wrong), it was also the first time i opened winols or ecm titanium, but in ecm titanium after the automatic search for drivers finished i selected land rover, freelander search , tried all the EDC15C4, and also bmw X5 with EDC15C4, Bmw 530d etc and they all used the same driver 004 ( BMW Common Rail) and all said the checksum was ok, although the figures for rpm in all maps (throttle,injection etc) i think were mistaken as its not exactly that car ( rpms like 54000 etc). (Maybe im wrong)

This map was read with galleto 54 out of my freelander td4 2001 BOSCH DDE 4 which i took to remap stage 1 about 8 years ago, and i was trying to transfer it to a spare ecu after I transfered the contents of the eeprom so it could start. Conclusion, the spare ecu works perfect now that i transferred the eeprom contents and the flash. ( So now i have a spare ecu to touch modify & play!!)

Strange but at first i transferred only the eeprom to the spare ecu, the car did start but with the fan motors at full speed just with the key contact and after starting the car the fans continued at full speed.
I suspect this could be because it had another software version in the flash.

I also noticed that the VIN Number of the spare ecu didnt overwrite with my flashed remap from original ecu, i suspect this is because that code blocks must be protected from overwrite?

At first i tried a partial immo off and the car didnt start, someone told ill need to pair it with BMW INPA Software, so at the end i read my original eeprom and wrote it to the spare ecu.

Ill try older winols versions , if it has the correct driver it should be able to auto- identify the different maps ? Or i need the damos files/mappacks im a little lost.. but with energy to try and test things for hours !!!

Greetings and thanks again

TWINGO
5th August, 2017, 03:04 AM
Thanks, it was the first time i used galleto v54 and it warned that it wouldnt correct the checksum ( I tought it was wrong), it was also the first time i opened winols or ecm titanium, but in ecm titanium after the automatic search for drivers finished i selected land rover, freelander search , tried all the EDC15C4, and also bmw X5 with EDC15C4, Bmw 530d etc and they all used the same driver 004 ( BMW Common Rail) and all said the checksum was ok, although the figures for rpm in all maps (throttle,injection etc) i think were mistaken as its not exactly that car ( rpms like 54000 etc). (Maybe im wrong)

This map was read with galleto 54 out of my freelander td4 2001 BOSCH DDE 4 which i took to remap stage 1 about 8 years ago, and i was trying to transfer it to a spare ecu after I transfered the contents of the eeprom so it could start. Conclusion, the spare ecu works perfect now that i transferred the eeprom contents and the flash. ( So now i have a spare ecu to touch modify & play!!)

Strange but at first i transferred only the eeprom to the spare ecu, the car did start but with the fan motors at full speed just with the key contact and after starting the car the fans continued at full speed.
I suspect this could be because it had another software version in the flash.

I also noticed that the VIN Number of the spare ecu didnt overwrite with my flashed remap from original ecu, i suspect this is because that code blocks must be protected from overwrite?

At first i tried a partial immo off and the car didnt start, someone told ill need to pair it with BMW INPA Software, so at the end i read my original eeprom and wrote it to the spare ecu.

Ill try older winols versions , if it has the correct driver it should be able to auto- identify the different maps ? Or i need the damos files/mappacks im a little lost.. but with energy to try and test things for hours !!!

Greetings and thanks again

I've edit map for freelander sport 130hp.
Read and write with kwp2000. I use galletto only
For edc16... Cks is automatically correct by
Ecm 6.3 when you save your mod.