PDA

View Full Version : vdo Siemens rd4 bench test help

things4u2get
22nd August, 2017, 06:36 PM
Hi, please excuse my noviceness is perhaps recovering the obvious, but im trying to bench test a VDO Siemens rd4 cd player. Ive hooked to an LCD display following diagrams i can find of the web which include can bus etc. But both screen an stereo remain dead, i know there are drawing a current from the psu an i now they worked when they were in the cars. Am i missing something? another component for the can bus? Tried two LCD screens now.

any help appreciated.

Cheers

kam

shooting
22nd August, 2017, 06:41 PM
Hi, please excuse my noviceness is perhaps recovering the obvious, but im trying to bench test a VDO Siemens rd4 cd player. Ive hooked to an LCD display following diagrams i can find of the web which include can bus etc. But both screen an stereo remain dead, i know there are drawing a current from the psu an i now they worked when they were in the cars. Am i missing something? another component for the can bus? Tried two LCD screens now.

any help appreciated.

Cheers

kam

Yes, you're missing the car ;)
RD4 is VIN coded and it needs to see the car...

wbr

things4u2get
22nd August, 2017, 10:46 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply, yes i understand its VIN coded but im not getting the unit to power up eg take / eject a CD like the vdo rd3-01 models hooked up in a similar rig.

iamthemanwork
22nd August, 2017, 11:07 PM
To power the radio on your bench you will need display and also a BSI unit...you can get one from a breakers yard.

things4u2get
23rd August, 2017, 08:46 AM
To power the radio on your bench you will need display and also a BSI unit...you can get one from a breakers yard.

Thanks! the missing part of the puzzle, will try to hunt a bsi down and give it a go. Cheers!