PDA

View Full Version : openmedia 500cs

NLYID
18th October, 2009, 01:53 PM
Hi guys

can anybody help me ?

I went to mates house yesterday and he has just had an openmedia 500cs installed with a motorised system in his house.

He had literally every footie match on saturday at 3pm on it it was amazing.

I'm now thinking of getting one, and i just wanted to know to to set it up ??

what do i need to do???

I'v read a bit about bouqets and images what are these are they firmware??

which is the best firmware to load and what channels does it open??

also my firend had his one hooked up to his router, what is this for???

I asked the satellite guy that installed it and he said that apparently it dials into some guys server in china and thats how it unlocks all the channels, and that if i wanted to install it i would have to pay for the system to be installed plus also ?200 a year to dial into this other guys server. I think this is bullsh*t but as im a newbie to this wated to confirm it on here, can anyone let me know if any of the above is true ???

Finally is the openmedia the best box to get, or is there better out there??? what system would you guys suggest that is good for a relative newbie??

.: JaCkPoT :.
18th October, 2009, 02:08 PM
He is cardsharing and your friend is connected to a payserver. Payservers scuk as Its them who get our sharing hobby stopped. We dont allow chat for cardsharing here. A openmedia is a cable and satellite receiver. Its a clone of the dreambox 500s and 500c put together.

jpr
18th October, 2009, 05:42 PM
I done some of that with my dreambox 500s, but i got notting but channel freezes as the months went on , it was just unwatchable. These guys have too many on there servers.