PDA

View Full Version : Cable modems section would be great.

Saltire
18th October, 2009, 03:53 PM
hi guys, i know theres not been a cable modems section on DK since day 1, but iam wondering now if theres a possibility of getting one please ??

I know its been suggested and declined in the past, but as things change day to day i thought i would raise it again.

Can someone please explain to me why there hasnt been a modems section to start with as i cant see any legal difference in chatting about non cable company owned tv boxs such as dreambox etc, and non cable company owned modems either ?

Anyway, let me know what ya all think on the subject.

cheers.

.: JaCkPoT :.
18th October, 2009, 05:53 PM
Dk do not allow cable equipment hacking talk. Sorry But the risks are too high.

mikeyb
18th October, 2009, 06:02 PM
I think if people need that information its easy enough to find.

Saltire
18th October, 2009, 06:08 PM
Dk do not allow cable equipment hacking talk. Sorry But the risks are too high.

hmmm, you know what iam gonna say dont you, lol ??

and @ mikeyb, it is relativley easy to find the info but just for tech talk purposes we could also chat about it in DK too, theres nuffin ilegal in that at all, and it would mean as well as having a great site for talking about ermm, non cable tv box's in, we would also have included a place for talking about non cable company modems and stuff too.

mikeyb
18th October, 2009, 09:24 PM
fair enough, can't argue with the fact that you want to talk about it but do you not think it will get flooded with people wanting free internet? (like how the sat section sometimes gets people wanting to know how to hack sly)

opsmonkey
18th October, 2009, 09:39 PM
its not going to happen ;)

Saltire
18th October, 2009, 09:41 PM
fair enough, can't argue with the fact that you want to talk about it but do you not think it will get flooded with people wanting free internet? (like how the sat section sometimes gets people wanting to know how to hack sly)

i think the whole point of a forum though is to get as many members as possible and get chatting constructively about the subjects in the relevant sections, i know what you mean though mate, what your on about is leechers, people who only come and go when they need a fix, there is ways to combat that though, for example, any member seen to be leeching is banned outright if the proof is there, and if they even attempt to come back under another username then simply just ban the ip address they registered from then they cant even get onto the site at all.

The other thing would be to make the forum partly private, i.e - if you aint registered you aint getting in to see anything from the good sections, if you get my drift ?

as i say, there is ways and means to make things very tightly secured, its wether or not the site staff can be bothered with the fuss though, i think it would pay dividends in the end though.

Just a suggestion like i says in post 1.

Devilfish
19th October, 2009, 11:22 PM
Yes the same modems that VM hand out can be bought on the internet. So people that own them do not own cable company equipment. But there are people who will own cable company equipment and we can't know for sure if they do own or do not own cable company equipment.

Dreambox, eurovox, etc. are definitely not cable company equipment.

I know situations change and it's fine to ask again...but unfortunately the answer is the same as last time.

smirnoff_rules
19th October, 2009, 11:25 PM
there all getting hit anyway with the new dynamic configs and thats taken the fun out of them

Saltire
20th October, 2009, 02:41 AM
Yes the same modems that VM hand out can be bought on the internet. So people that own them do not own cable company equipment. But there are people who will own cable company equipment and we can't know for sure if they do own or do not own cable company equipment.

Dreambox, eurovox, etc. are definitely not cable company equipment.

I know situations change and it's fine to ask again...but unfortunately the answer is the same as last time.

no probs mate, was just a wee suggestion, no harm done, as you say, things change, maybe it can be looked at again at some stage.

CHRISTOF
22nd October, 2009, 02:33 PM
if you looking for free web just hack someones wifi lol

DESSERTDOG
23rd October, 2009, 06:35 PM
if you looking for free web just hack someones wifi lol

Even that is ify as far as the law is concerned