PDA

View Full Version : can only view free channels helpp plzzzz

woodgm
18th October, 2009, 06:10 PM
hi ive got an open media 500cs box was all working till the channels went of so i did a system reset and then wehn i scanned for channels only freeview channels will come on and theres a blue lock key in the bottom left plz can any1 help the guy i got this of said 20 pound to put bck on which hes already conned me into fixin it wen it goes of not spending no mre money on it so this last resort plz some 1 help cheers

mickarick
18th October, 2009, 06:16 PM
Dont pay him ?20 m8 go to the downloads section and download dream up also download an 500 c image use the the dreambox board on here for help .

woodgm
18th October, 2009, 08:44 PM
cheers for reply mate where do i get the image from ive got the dreambox program just need img nw cheers

mickarick
18th October, 2009, 09:02 PM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Dreambox (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-dreambox-1/)

woodgm
20th October, 2009, 06:41 PM
got the digital kaeos fimware on and its all on but the channels like sky sports etc channels u pay for have a blue lock in the corna n still wnt show up cheers for help so far

woodgm
21st October, 2009, 01:57 PM
just put commando image on which the lad tht sent me it said will work loaded it on but still channels locked cud the box be ~~~ed or summat cheers

wilf
21st October, 2009, 02:04 PM
once loaded with an image, it needs the magic files putting on mate watch this Digital Kaos - - How to set up a dreambox (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/vbtube_show.php?do=tube&tubeid=294&t=26780)
The image is not what opens the channels if you do a factory reset it would delete the keys and roms, the image from what was on when you had it working was fine it just needed the files back on mate

woodgm
21st October, 2009, 05:46 PM
rite got tht sorted now but the ip address keeps cumming bck as 10.0.0.5 which ino thats wrong what am i doing wrong cheers

wilf
21st October, 2009, 05:58 PM
not sure what them numbers mean? after you connect to the router via ethernet cable did you reboot dreambox then go into get the ip address

woodgm
21st October, 2009, 06:31 PM
not sure what them numbers mean? after you connect to the router via ethernet cable did you reboot dreambox then go into get the ip address

yh rebooted box go into communicatyion setup and ip is cummin bck as 10.0.0.5 dhcp is ticked netmask 255.255.255.0 the type is lan nameserver 10.0.0.1 same with gateway enable network ticked port 80 cheers

wilf
21st October, 2009, 07:01 PM
all i can think of is that commando image is no good try putting the dk image on thtas what most have without any probs

woodgm
21st October, 2009, 07:04 PM
all i can think of is that commando image is no good try putting the dk image on thtas what most have without any probs

ive put that on mate but still no joy i got sent the commando image and he said it would have everything on it only thing i cud think of is that the coxial cable is not in the cable in lead but i wunt have fort tht wudda made a difference because i had it plugged in earlier and it was still cummin bck as same ip

wilf
21st October, 2009, 07:13 PM
its an open media right? so it has four connectors on the back for sat and cable they are usually all marked input cab or sat the bottom two for cable, also there is a switch next to these that says c or s it must be on c if setting up cable side. are you also sure its an ethernet cable and not a cross overcable?

woodgm
21st October, 2009, 07:29 PM
its an open media right? so it has four connectors on the back for sat and cable they are usually all marked input cab or sat the bottom two for cable, also there is a switch next to these that says c or s it must be on c if setting up cable side. are you also sure its an ethernet cable and not a cross overcable?

yeah its open media 500cs yh theres all 4 connectors i dnt have nowt connected to them at the moment i tried it earlier with the cable lead in the cab in but still didnt make a difference still come with the same ip. its bin on cable havnt touched that switch n yh it will be ethernet.

wilf
21st October, 2009, 07:33 PM
sorry im at a loose end with this then at the min if owt else come to mind ill get back to this thread mate. hope someone else reading it can put you straight. good luck!

woodgm
21st October, 2009, 07:41 PM
sorry im at a loose end with this then at the min if owt else come to mind ill get back to this thread mate. hope someone else reading it can put you straight. good luck!

ok cheers anyways mate tried ya best cheers maybe theres sum1 out there with an image with rom etc already on the img if tht makes sence cheers

mickarick
21st October, 2009, 07:42 PM
Woodgm m8 i have sent you another e mail m8 .

woodgm
21st October, 2009, 08:20 PM
Woodgm m8 i have sent you another e mail m8 .

tried tht img mate nowts cummin up with that img cheers anywayz

woodgm
21st October, 2009, 08:36 PM
Load the dk image I posted above and READ, its all in there ;)

JoK

ive read it mate but for sum reason its picking up 10.0.0.5 as the ip address of the box which even i no thts not right

woodgm
21st October, 2009, 08:51 PM
How are you loading the dk 1.1 image onto your box?

JoK

universal dreamup v1.3.3.4
using null cable modem the grey lead tht plugs into com1 and in the rs232 bit on bck of the box cheers

porky123
16th March, 2010, 12:42 AM
hi all i a newbie to this can anyone help i buying a dreambox 500c from a friend was just wondering i have a cable feed coming into my home ,but do not have services with virgin the box has been modded so will i be able to receive all channels my friend who has the box gets all channels?? plz help :questionmark:

mickarick
16th March, 2010, 12:15 PM
If there is signal coming into your home from Virgin yes m8, but Virgin are switching to N3 m8 and very soon your dreambox wont work at all, are you sure hes a m8 ?