PDA

View Full Version : Renault Kangoo 2006, no eeprom?

wokcz
9th September, 2017, 07:29 PM
I took apart this magneti marelli dash from a Renault Kangoo 1.9D 2006, expecting to find a 93CXX, but is not there. I am attaching pics of all the chips, which one should I read and how can I read it?

guillermoc
9th September, 2017, 08:27 PM
Hello, this is micro motorola

brend
9th September, 2017, 08:33 PM
Its like clio mm kluster motorolla pros.

wokcz
9th September, 2017, 11:27 PM
Don't think I will be trying to read it using upa or xprog, Im only an amateur and don't feel very confortable lifting those tiny pins from the mcu, desoldering/resoldering a soic8 is easy, im afraid I will break the mcu if I try it lol.

Anyway, I did try to read it using carprog and connecting the A15 to the back of the dash. But the "Read KM" button reads a value of 26347916, but the dash displays 233764 in reality, so I didn't use the "Write KM" button in case shit breaks. I also used carprog "Read eeprom" function, which gave me the attached file but I can't figure out the algo, none of the tachosoft, nyo or licznik match.

Does anyone knows how to modify it?

I am looking for around 110000km, currently has 233764km.

automotrizVIP
10th September, 2017, 01:24 AM
Don't think I will be trying to read it using upa or xprog, Im only an amateur and don't feel very confortable lifting those tiny pins from the mcu, desoldering/resoldering a soic8 is easy, im afraid I will break the mcu if I try it lol.

Anyway, I did try to read it using carprog and connecting the A15 to the back of the dash. But the "Read KM" button reads a value of 26347916, but the dash displays 233764 in reality, so I didn't use the "Write KM" button in case shit breaks. I also used carprog "Read eeprom" function, which gave me the attached file but I can't figure out the algo, none of the tachosoft, nyo or licznik match.

Does anyone knows how to modify it?

I am looking for around 110000km, currently has 233764km.
I dare say that your reading is not good intanda again....

wokcz
10th September, 2017, 01:34 AM
I dare say that your reading is not good intanda again....

Yea I was about to post that. I read it without using the D1 adapter so it read wrong, but now if I try to read using D1+A15 carprog says "no response form dash", so I guess my D1 adapter is faulty, I ran the heat station gun over it but still wont work.

Is there a way to read/write this without lifting pins? I have upa, xprog and carprog.

automotrizVIP
10th September, 2017, 02:27 AM
here carprog

wokcz
10th September, 2017, 07:58 PM
here carprog
Thanks a lot, I tried it but carprog wouldn't read anything, not even ADADAD, checked connection with multimeter and they were all good, no bridges or anything. I lifted rst, irq, ptc0 and pta0, along with a few tracks lol so after a while I decided to just fix the broken tracks and leave it as is while it is still working. I guess my carprog is just a bad clone.

I think next time I will just desolder the entire mcu and use an adapter, that seems much easier and cleaner than lifting pins and soldering those tiny wires.

Dr. Zoidberg
10th September, 2017, 10:16 PM
test k line, only 3 cables, read in the forum!! ...

wokcz
11th September, 2017, 02:34 AM
test k line, only 3 cables, read in the forum!! ...
You mean testing carprog kline? Any link on how to test? Coulnd't find anything, only images of the real D1 adapter to compare components, which I still have to do cause I lend out my magnification camera and my eyesight is not that great lol.