PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Audi (A6 C5) Model...FUSE Message present after swapping EPROM

BRMTDI
14th September, 2017, 01:45 PM
So I replaced a Screen for a Customer on Cluster, Screen Change no Issues, also needed to swap EPROM from original board, long story but when I transferred data through kline I received DEF error, reard some more, people said it was encrypted so needed to be desoldered, read then written correctly....

OLD board not needed so I decided to just swap the EPROM, problem is I get a FUSE error now...after EPROM SWAP...if EPROM is not on the board at all I bet same message also..wondering if anyone have had this issue before....very strange...I will post EPROM bins when I get home also, maybe someone can give there opinion.

exe123
14th September, 2017, 02:22 PM
It's encrypted dump for sure. If you have backup of the original content read with clip it is possible to copy over the data. encrypted read out from old and new dashboard is needed.

BRMTDI
14th September, 2017, 02:37 PM
I believe I have the encrypted dump...thinking when I was swapping information...I got confused which EPROM was original and which one was the new one....I will post both of what I have...I assume encrypted will look like a bunch of stuff that can not read...I assume....I think I tried to start cluster with un encrypted written dump maybe that was my mistake...I will post what I have when I get home.

BRMTDI
14th September, 2017, 03:15 PM
Does anyone have a original encrypted dump for this Gauge Cluster...just in case I have to write a new one worst case scenario...I am reading FUSE message could be EPROM data related.

exe123
14th September, 2017, 04:11 PM
There is no universal dump you can write to it. There are several different crypto mask for these dashboards. You have to find the correct one.

BRMTDI
14th September, 2017, 07:23 PM
Does anyone have a original encrypted dump for this Gauge Cluster...just in case I have to write a new one worst case scenario...I am reading FUSE message could be EPROM data related.

I think I figured out part of my problem, original Cluster was from 2001 Audi A6, Replacement board is from 2002...think might be the reason for FUSE error.

Hoping 2002 Cluster will work fine in 2001 car...very minor differences wiring wise.