PDA

View Full Version : Remapped file on another car ?

nikte
14th September, 2017, 09:58 PM
Can I use remapped ecu file on another car same model ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bodzio012
14th September, 2017, 10:54 PM
No. However it's possibile but you need to check HW and SW and if are the same it's possibile

kysioo
15th September, 2017, 01:12 AM
Can I use remapped ecu file on another car same model ?

Hah I've learned that lesson the hard way... I had seat to mod, edc16, 19tdi, I readed it through diagnosis(with alientech) , had no right mod (the goal was more power), but i had some fantastic mod from vw caddy - same engine same model year - HW and SW were match except from last letter\number , so i've figured what the hell - worst case scenario it wont start, i'll flash ori back yeah? ...

Car didn't start.... immo was flashing and ... flashing original back was impossible through diagnosis(also with different tools like fgtech)....
Long story short after some time, spent on learning about BDM magic, ive rewritten the bastard (thanks god and DK for bdm dump database :),then I got right mod, modded, done...

lesson here for me here was :

1. NEVER EVER try to flash different HW.... (means different car most of the time)
2. dont rely on ready maybe maybe mods, make your own f**kin mods (i'm currently busy with winols jedi training slow progress hovewer ;)

dadal
15th September, 2017, 02:30 AM
immo data is stored by some models in not separate eprom,,then you have problem with immo !!!

kysioo
15th September, 2017, 06:27 AM
yeah man exactly, that's why you shouldn't even try different HW, especially when working through diagnosis...

nikte
15th September, 2017, 09:52 AM
Thanks you guys i will read full bdm backup and post here on DK flash dump and someone will help me remap. At the momet i`m not still good with winols :-(

kysioo
15th September, 2017, 11:19 AM
Thanks you guys i will read full bdm backup and post here on DK flash dump and someone will help me remap. At the momet i`m not still good with winols :-(

i'm having same problem with ols m8 :-P

Ignasvw
15th September, 2017, 12:05 PM
it depends what car and ecu you want to write. for example edc15p you can write a lot of versions....