PDA

View Full Version : Weird issue with Renault Kangoo dash

wokcz
15th September, 2017, 12:46 AM
I am having a problem with a dashboard from a renault kangoo 2006 1.9D, it looks like this one:
http://img.youtube.com/vi/CPQM7WmFcmY/0.jpg

Everything seems to work fine (all but speed needle because speed sensor is not connected). But sometimes, you go put ignition on, and only the lights in the middle work, no backlight, no needles, and no lcd on the right. This never happens with engine running or ignition already on. Car stopped with everything working, you go put ignition on after a while and the issue appears.

If I unplug and plug again with ignition still on, nothing changes. But if I put ignition off, unplug and plug again, then everything starts working, until I stop the car or take ignition off, and after a while I come back and same issue happens.

No dtc errors found, and can clip neither show any related errors (only some fuel errors related to a fuel pump change).

What could be happening?

brend
15th September, 2017, 05:43 PM
Try renwe solder.Sametime help or car have comunication problems .

wokcz
15th September, 2017, 06:51 PM
Try renwe solder.Sametime help or car have comunication problems .

Yea I tried reflowing the mcu and also all the connectors, still same issue. Outside the car I couldn't reproduce the issue, when powering the dash on bench, everything always work. What I find weird is that, I plug it in the car, it works fine, turn off the car/take ignition off, leave and come back after a while (without touching anything on the car) and is not working, and removing and resetting all fuses, moving cables around to see if maybe there's some wrong contact, nothing works. Until I unplug and plug again and it works again for a while.

brend
15th September, 2017, 10:28 PM
Yea I tried reflowing the mcu and also all the connectors, still same issue. Outside the car I couldn't reproduce the issue, when powering the dash on bench, everything always work. What I find weird is that, I plug it in the car, it works fine, turn off the car/take ignition off, leave and come back after a while (without touching anything on the car) and is not working, and removing and resetting all fuses, moving cables around to see if maybe there's some wrong contact, nothing works. Until I unplug and plug again and it works again for a while.

Try another dash?No practice have were this dash in this car like kango dash just died :hmmmm2:.Every time car have problems.

wokcz
17th September, 2017, 04:49 AM
Resoldered all the chips and some other stuff, last 24hs it worked fine, before it was failing after like 10 minutes. Lets hope its fixed.