PDA

View Full Version : turn off airbag light after car crash

cosmind
19th October, 2009, 10:40 PM
hello.
How can i turn off the airbag light after car crash and without replacind the passenger airbag. I only replaced the steering wheel airbag.
I heard that you can use a resistor.
I have k+can commander and vag com and i can clear crash data from airbag controller. It is enough to clear crash data?
Tks

obdmaster
21st October, 2009, 07:15 PM
need to know model year of car and airbag ecu fault codes, then i probably be able to help

AvechuchoAxel
21st October, 2009, 09:23 PM
hello.
How can i turn off the airbag light after car crash and without replacind the passenger airbag. I only replaced the steering wheel airbag.
I heard that you can use a resistor.
I have k+can commander and vag com and i can clear crash data from airbag controller. It is enough to clear crash data?
Tks

I do not recommend bypassing passenger or driver airbag in any car, however, most people do on seatbelts, side (seats) and curtains. Yes, you can do it using a resistor, but must meet vehicle specifications. For what tool you have, you are talking about a VW, so give us year and model and the help will be more specific to help you to to solve the problem. I just want to remark,,, that the help I can provide must not be used to trick or replace the original airbag. It's only for diagnosis purposes. I won't be liable for any damage or injuries. You choose what to do with the provided information.

1.6 to 2.6 ohms in most German vehicles.

Don't forget to remove the NEG (-) cable from battery and let the SRS MODULE backup power drain for at least 5 minutes.

Axel :help:

cosmind
15th November, 2009, 09:20 AM
can u post detailed instuctions for skoda octavia 2001, my personal car

justoshis
15th November, 2009, 01:39 PM
what could be wrong if i am not able to connect to my airbag module? audi a6 1998 k-line?

oldford
15th November, 2009, 08:18 PM
Ecu missing or defective. Wiring loose or defective. Fuse missing or defective.
Does the airbag light come on when you switch on the ignition?