PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Lincoln Navigator

lwood
30th September, 2017, 03:37 PM
i have a problem with a 2000 Lincoln Navigator. customer brought in vehicle. remove cluster to fix. when cluster was remove customer try to start vehicle. the Navigator would not start. now when install cluster back on. vehicle will not start..THIFT light stay on.. i disconnected battery for 10mins that didnt work.
scan tool gives code B1845 ignition tamper circuit fault, P1260 if theft is detected, vehicle is immoblized.
how to fix??? please and thanks

brend
30th September, 2017, 03:58 PM
i have a problem with a 2000 Lincoln Navigator. customer brought in vehicle. remove cluster to fix. when cluster was remove customer try to start vehicle. the Navigator would not start. now when install cluster back on. vehicle will not start..THIFT light stay on.. i disconnected battery for 10mins that didnt work.
scan tool gives code B1845 ignition tamper circuit fault, P1260 if theft is detected, vehicle is immoblized.
how to fix??? please and thanks

Try one sulution ,need to actual key. for syunhro.its mean 1. key turn ignition 5 sek turn off put 2 key turn ignition and antiteft most go .

lwood
30th September, 2017, 06:07 PM
i dont understand. could someone elaborate??

brend
30th September, 2017, 06:49 PM
i dont understand. could someone elaborate??

Whats mean elaborate?

ascrap2003
30th September, 2017, 06:56 PM
i think he means to put 1 key in ignition turn on position for 5 seconds, remove and do same with key 2 and it should verify keys I think.

If not i belive you need a good scan tool snap on, maxisys etc & 2 keys and do paremeter reset I think. Not sure if you need J2534 or not. Maybe theirs a easier way someone will come along and help!

FxShaw
30th September, 2017, 08:16 PM
This will work only if the customer have 2 keys to begin with. if he doesn't then you will need to get a 2nd key cut and then parameter reset. pats for this vehicle is obviously in cluster like most ford. possibility it's a time limit lockout and after waiting 15-30 mins, try to start again with key.

ascrap2003
1st October, 2017, 01:40 AM
This will work only if the customer have 2 keys to begin with. if he doesn't then you will need to get a 2nd key cut and then parameter reset. pats for this vehicle is obviously in cluster like most ford. possibility it's a time limit lockout and after waiting 15-30 mins, try to start again with key.

Could you point me in the right direction for this proccess? will this always work if lets say batteries die and car goes haywire? Besides if a an actual pats component goes bad such as key "transmitter", key switch "receiver" etc?

Is it the same proccess for a cluster swap/replace?

lwood
2nd October, 2017, 08:18 PM
i will ask customer . if have extra key

qubits
27th November, 2017, 01:37 AM
Some fords need only 1 key to do a parameter reset even if the manual or scanner tells you so. Worst case just remove the transponder coil and use a key with the same type of transponder. No big deal.