PDA

View Full Version : change channel via wireless/ethernet on dreambox?

magic_moments
20th October, 2009, 04:36 PM
Another newbie question.....(s)

Is it possible to have my laptop (wireless) access the dreambox (7000s connected to router by ethernet) show the tv listings etc and actualy change channels from a browser type screen on my laptop?

Is it also possible to watch a 'live' and/or file in pvr from the dreambox back wirelessly to the laptop?

Finally.... I was given a selection of 'images' on a usb stick and get a choice of 6 when booting up dreambox with stick in. Which is the most appropriate, best, most feature packed?

Thank you in advance.

Why did I have to move to Arbroath and lose my vm cable access :(

westkill
20th October, 2009, 04:44 PM
yes m8 it is possible i your laptop is using your internet through router
and dreambox is connected to the router
in the webbrowser on your laptop type in the ip address of your dreambox
and login to the web interface to change channels etc :)

dowlinr
20th October, 2009, 04:59 PM
type the ip address of your dreambox into your browser and it should show you your bouquets. You can change the channel by clicking on the channel you want to watch. My mrs thought our house was haunted for ages until I told her.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/beerman2005/pli.jpg

Epg is a bit crap via the web but it's viewable.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/beerman2005/epg.jpg

You can watch live TV by clicking the video pid on the webpage. This should open VLC and start streaming back.
Not sure about watching recordings back on the laptop. If you can find a cifs plugin for the dreambox then sure it's possible but can't confirm as I only have a dm500s which records to a network share anyway so I watch them from there.

As for images, everyone has their favourite, mine being pli jade 3, I also liked Nabilo Darkstar 2 before I converted to Pli

magic_moments
20th October, 2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks a lot guys. I like that EPG mine is nothing like that on my dreambox. Do EPGs change depending on which image your running?

I have another post in this Forum re BBC iplayer etc, if you can help with that i'd be very happy.

Thanks again.

dowlinr
20th October, 2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks a lot guys. I like that EPG mine is nothing like that on my dreambox. Do EPGs change depending on which image your running?

I have another post in this Forum re BBC iplayer etc, if you can help with that i'd be very happy.

Thanks again.

Yes, I use sql epg which downloads a days worth of data from the radio times. It only does this for UK channels unfortunately, every other provider I just get now and next.

Sql epg is part of the Pli image only.