PDA

View Full Version : help please setting up a r4 for a dsi

pjtaff
20th October, 2009, 07:21 PM
i just need some advice please on setting up a r4i for a dsi
i have done many r4's for the ds lite but never for the dsi just need a few thing's clarifying please.

i have read that you put the firmware on the root of the sd card' but you don't create a folder for your games you just put them straight on to the root of the sd card is this true .

also is there any known problem's in dsi's reading the r4i cards or is it the same set up as the ds lite
didn't know if there was a problems with the dsi's firmware or anything really that is going to cause me probs

as i have never done one b4 and i have no access to a dsi to check if i have done it ok would like to get it spot on first time

so if anyone has any info on this or if anyone knows of any problems that are likely to crop up then please let me know

also it would be handy for others who are looking to do a r4i card for the first time to look at this and get all the info they need

many thanks
taf:questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:

camelv
21st October, 2009, 10:51 AM
i just need some advice please on setting up a r4i for a dsi
i have done many r4's for the ds lite but never for the dsi just need a few thing's clarifying please.

i have read that you put the firmware on the root of the sd card' but you don't create a folder for your games you just put them straight on to the root of the sd card is this true .

also is there any known problem's in dsi's reading the r4i cards or is it the same set up as the ds lite
didn't know if there was a problems with the dsi's firmware or anything really that is going to cause me probs

as i have never done one b4 and i have no access to a dsi to check if i have done it ok would like to get it spot on first time

so if anyone has any info on this or if anyone knows of any problems that are likely to crop up then please let me know

also it would be handy for others who are looking to do a r4i card for the first time to look at this and get all the info they need

many thanks
taf:questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:

you need to buy the card with the r4i v 1.4 upgrade on it .then is the same loading method as all the others m8.
R4i Card for DSi - Compatible with the 1.4 Firmware : R4i : r4i.co.uk (http://www.r4i.co.uk/shop/-/r4i-card-for-dsi-compatible-with-the-1.4-firmware/12406)

pjtaff
21st October, 2009, 06:58 PM
i got the card and the firmware but was told that i dont need to create a games folder like you do on a standard r4
you just put the games straight on to the root of the sd card is this true

camelv
22nd October, 2009, 12:37 AM
i got the card and the firmware but was told that i dont need to create a games folder like you do on a standard r4
you just put the games straight on to the root of the sd card is this true

yes thats right m8

baldybear
22nd October, 2009, 06:01 PM
i always did put them on to the root directory.never really had much bother with the r4
apart from changing the kernal to v1.18