PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes W203 ECU set not start (ECU + ESL + EZS + Key)

aqua_life
5th October, 2017, 11:58 AM
Hello,
I have here Mercedes year 2001 W203 C220 cdi.
Car has a problem on the original EZS. This EZS has 2 processors inside 2j74y and 4j74y.
One processor is not OK. Because if I heat the processor the car starts ok. If the processor is cold the car donīt start.
I am not able to read the processor with UPA to replace for another one because this processor has security bits and UPA not good.
I ordered R270 programmer to make this repair but I will only receive it in some days.

Now I got an ECU set from a similar car. Engine ECU + EZS + ESL + Key
Engine ECU is not the same part number but it is similar. Both c220cdi.
I put all parts on car and still donīt start. The Key rotates in EZS all good. ESL locks and unlocks good.
But the car donīt have starter.

Using diagnostic I see on EZS starting authorization YES. On engine ECU authorization NO.
My car has a manual gearbox while the other set come from an automatic gearbox car. Can this be the problem ?
If yes, there is any way to change this setting to allow engine to start ?

Thanks for your help

Gavra
5th October, 2017, 12:02 PM
ECU is miss-matched.....R270 wont read that 908...remove from board and read in adapter then copy eeprom only and use old set-up. Or renew ECU and marry with DAS.

aqua_life
5th October, 2017, 01:52 PM
Sorry, I didnīt understand...
- Why ECU is miss-matched ? If all ECU set is from same car (engine ECU + EZS + ESL + Key) ?
- I read other threads on forum that R270 will read these 908 processors. Why you think it will not ?
- You say I should remove processor from board and read with adaptor for UPA, R270 or other tool ?
- I donīt understand why I must renew ECU and marry with DAS if this ECU set was working on other car.

Thanks for your help

mercis
5th October, 2017, 02:04 PM
if one car mech gear donor aut,must ecu coding after can start

aqua_life
5th October, 2017, 07:02 PM
I was able to change coding from Automatic gearbox to Manual gearbox with Launch X431.
Now everything is ok and car starts.
Thanks for your help

duplikeytor
5th October, 2017, 10:57 PM
I was able to change coding from Automatic gearbox to Manual gearbox with Launch X431.
Now everything is ok and car starts.
Thanks for your help
would maxi sys have that option or xentry to change coding?

Launch X431, was that online subscription or offline? seems like the X431 has some unique capabilities

aqua_life
6th October, 2017, 12:51 PM
I donīt have Maxi sys or Xentry to test and report if it works...
I tried with FVDI first and it has the option to change coding. It reads coding successfully and it says "Automatic Gearbox".
Then I change to Manual gearbox, and then write coding. But FVDI was not able to write. I try many times but after all was always Automatic Gearbox.

With X431 offline (not online subscription) I went into Special Functions menu and there was a function to code ECU.
Then a message appeared saying that it would only work if it was a new ECU. The ECU is not new or virgin, but I continued anyway.
Then I had the "Automatic gearbox" indication and an option to change to "Manual gearbox".
After I change this, the car starts ok.