PDA

View Full Version : the box super usb-sv4-black

mdt
21st October, 2009, 08:24 PM
hi guys, been asked by a freind to fix his sv4. as im not to versed in the firmware side of the sv4 could somebody please tell me which is the latest firmware please. thankyou

mdt
21st October, 2009, 10:27 PM
thanks for the reply jok. well ive downloaded the v1.07 firmware as you said but which loader do i use as i dont have a pen drive?. ive never been so nervous trying to patch a box, i must have flashed over 200 different sat and cable boxs of all makes and models but its probably because i dont want to brick a box that doesnt belong to me." you think you know it all but in reality you know nothing" thanks for your help and patience:ciao:

swf3
21st October, 2009, 11:06 PM
thanks for the reply jok. well ive downloaded the v1.07 firmware as you said but which loader do i use as i dont have a pen drive?. ive never been so nervous trying to patch a box, i must have flashed over 200 different sat and cable boxs of all makes and models but its probably because i dont want to brick a box that doesnt belong to me." you think you know it all but in reality you know nothing" thanks for your help and patience:ciao:

you have owned 200 boxs?

jok seams to give realy good advice

mdt
21st October, 2009, 11:47 PM
no mate ive had about 10 different ones myself and i also install satellite systems for the local somali/eritrea/ethiopia community. used to do alot of astra/hotbird systems when premiere was open on emu but over the last 9 months its been mainly cable boxs " 8 people from work" and 1m motorised systems for arabsat mainly and of course thor for the footy.

jimbojimjay
22nd October, 2009, 07:31 AM
you need to get a pen drive and drag the firmware on to it then turn the box off from the front then from the switch at the back then put pen in the back turn it back on go to the usb and load the firmware , dont ever remove the pen till the box as been turned off from the front and the switch at the back

larryoke
22nd October, 2009, 12:36 PM
And to add to that it needs to be formatted to "Fat 32" best to format in pc though. It is as simple as that but best to read through the many tutorials posted on here.

mdt
22nd October, 2009, 08:43 PM
hi guys so theres no way to update the sv4 via a null modem cable then?

mdt
22nd October, 2009, 09:44 PM
ok pal thanks for your efforts ill get a pen drive and give it a go