PDA

View Full Version : Ford Fiesta 1.5 edc17c10 p244d

matteosr
15th October, 2017, 09:56 AM
Hi to all

I have a problem with a new Ford Fiesta 1.5 tdci 75cv with fap, with ecu edc17c10 tc1797 gpt.

I made light remap without remove fap, but sometimes when I'm at high speed the car turns off and I have dtc p244d "Exhaust Temperature Too High For Particulate Filter Regeneration Bank 1", and the car does not start until I do reset procedure of p244d error (reset procedure not only delete dtc).

Anyone have experience with this car?
I must remove fap to resolv this problem?

lsdlsd88
16th October, 2017, 09:32 AM
stop decalibrating nm/iq and duration maps! you are increasing EOI, of course you will get higher EGT.

matteosr
21st October, 2017, 10:39 AM
I have mod also SOI, I calculate that EOI is the same with my mod on higher rpm.

Sure that mods duration map and nm/iq I have higher EGT, but without mod these map I haven' t all the hp that I would, but the problem is another:
the car turns off while driving, and not starts until I do reset procedure with diag, and this is really unusual.

I have damos edc17c10 for psa/ford engine (1.6), but unfortunately is completly different for my version, I could not find EGT map

lsdlsd88
21st October, 2017, 10:42 AM
increasing egt limiter will not solve your issue (that is related to dpf).

so either you accept to have some less hp (if you want more, dpf off is necessary), or you increase more SOI and rail pressure to lower EOI.

in ANY case decalibrating instead of extending is "the wrong way" to tune.

matteosr
21st October, 2017, 11:01 AM
in ANY case decalibrating instead of extending is "the wrong way" to tune.

I completly agree with you, decalibrating is the wrong way but is more faster and simpler for a economic tune (unfortunately I am forced to work this way in my town).

Finally I restored ori. When I find the right car to test, I will do more tests.