PDA

View Full Version : HDMI Splitter

aftermath
10th August, 2008, 07:23 PM
Hi chaps.

Ive got a Pioneer 42" Plasma, and it only has 1 HDMI socket.

ive got a blu-ray player, and recently bought an HD reciever.

so i bought an el-cheapo splitter from ebay.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff308/aftermath_0377/splitter.jpg

description....
HDMI Splitter (Gold)

1 Input - 2 Output - v1.3 HDMI - 1080p

Split your HDMI signal with this high quality splitter, this will save you ???'s by eliminating the need to buy expensive hardware. This splitter is v1.3 HDMI (the latest) and can handle any resolution required right up and including 1080p.

Description & Features

* 0.15m HDMI Splitter Adapter Cable

* 1xHDMI Input to 2xHDMI Output

* Brand new

* Zero data loss from source to display (absolutely no data is lost during data transfer)

* Black coloured

* v1.3 HDMI (The latest version)

* Supports 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p as well as VGA/SVGA/SXGA/UXGA resolutions

* Gold plated. (Enables better conductivity for optimal performance)

* Fully moulded & shielded. (For optimal protection and prolonged service life & stops EMI interference)

* RoSH compliant (No hazardous substances used in the materials of the product)

The first prob i have is the splitter they send has silver connectors and not gold, and when i have the 2 boxes plugged in , i get a black screen with sometimes a line moving on the screen ( like an interferience ).

I was wondering if anyone has any experience on adding a HDMI splitter , and which ones.

Thanks in advance.

krazylegz
10th August, 2008, 07:29 PM
i bought one like this for my dad steve m8, works spot on as he just uses the remote to switch between his hometheatre,dvd recorder and sky

ht*p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Port-Way-HDMI-Splitter-Switch-Box-v1-3-IR-Remote_W0QQitemZ110277119970QQihZ001QQcategoryZ109 015QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Devilfish
10th August, 2008, 07:39 PM
If it differs from the item description then I'd get in contact with the seller and get it sent back. If that's wrong, what else is wrong?

.: JaCkPoT :.
11th August, 2008, 12:22 PM
Id certainly send it back if it was not as described. My bro has purchased several things of fleabay. One was not as described (different model)cheap usb/ps2 controller adaptor. He emailed them(online shop) and they said that they accidently put in the wrong one so to compensate he didnt hav to send his back but they have him the correct one on top.;-)

aftermath
29th August, 2008, 04:43 PM
Update Guys.
After sending many messages to the seller of that splitter, they finaly replied this afternoon.

I send the item back 9 days ago, to be replaced, with the correct one.

They emailed me saying " which address i sent it to as they have not recieved it ".

so i sent message back " I sent to this address x x x x x , and i have proof of postage, also i am getting pi5sed of with being pis5ed around, so will start a dispute "

about 1 minute later..

you have mail " the seller has refunded you by paypal.

seriously i think i was about to get ripped off .

So its best to use some hard tactics at times, i hate being ripped off even for ?5,

.: JaCkPoT :.
30th August, 2008, 03:36 AM
Nice to hear your update and the fact you got somewhere in the end

datmjd
1st December, 2008, 10:43 PM
asda had a cheap manual switch box for ?18 as i looked today, think it was a 3/4 port one. they also had a ?35 splitter thing like the one you've posted.

i'd say buy from a store and spend some money on good quality, atleast if its crap you can return it.