PDA

View Full Version : V/M broadband only

Kained
22nd October, 2009, 06:41 AM
Sorry, stupid noob questions here...

Am thinking of ditching sky and going for the DM800, but I'd like to clarify some things first if I may.

A friend of mine installed a Starview in a new house where he was not subscribed to cable and it worked fine. (received all channels etc)

1) I have broadband only from V/M, if I installed a DM800 would i be able to access all channels or would I at least need a subscription?

2) cant seem to find any documentation on the recording aspect of Dreambox, can i record one channel and watch another?

Hope ive not p**sed too many ppl off... thanks for any help you can give.

rgds,
kained

gmb45
22nd October, 2009, 07:03 AM
Sorry, stupid noob questions here...

Am thinking of ditching sky and going for the DM800, but I'd like to clarify some things first if I may.

A friend of mine installed a Starview in a new house where he was not subscribed to cable and it worked fine. (received all channels etc)

1) I have broadband only from V/M, if I installed a DM800 would i be able to access all channels or would I at least need a subscription?

2) cant seem to find any documentation on the recording aspect of Dreambox, can i record one channel and watch another?

Hope ive not p**sed too many ppl off... thanks for any help you can give.

rgds,
kained if u have broadband u will be able to recieve tv as they come down the same line, as for the recording aspect, im not sure about as i dont have a dbox, but if it has twin tuners then yes u can watch 1 side while recording another, keep checking on your post and 1 of the peeps who has 1 will put u right on the recording aspect of the box

mm009b
22nd October, 2009, 07:13 AM
hello kained
gmb45 spot on mate as for recording you can only watch a programme on same transponder mate if that makes sense to you also you can record more than one channel at a time have you got a built in hdd or external

Kained
22nd October, 2009, 06:20 PM
hello kained
gmb45 spot on mate as for recording you can only watch a programme on same transponder mate if that makes sense to you also you can record more than one channel at a time have you got a built in hdd or external

Thanks for your replys guys. Will need to get a splitter from Maplin I suppose...

Not sure re: transponders will read up (I thought they were related to Satellite rather than Cable?)

Also, Ive read about clones, but wouldnt mind a recommendation of where to get a legit one?

harpo
23rd October, 2009, 09:21 PM
Hi Kained,
You can get a legite one from SMS The Dreamboxshop official distributors of Dream- multimedia satellite receivers. (http://www.dreamboxshop.co.uk)
take a look at their website. (this is not a recommendation it's your choice where u buy).
mm009b is correct if you are recording you can only watch channels on the same transponder for eg if recording bbc1 you could watch bbc2 whilst bbc1 is recording.
harpo