PDA

View Full Version : RANGE ROVER P38 1997 BECM EKA CODE

maugli
21st October, 2017, 12:27 PM
Good afternoon, dear colleagues!
I have a wonderful car, help me figure out where the dump code is, thank you)

lightguy8
21st October, 2017, 07:43 PM
How did you manage to get that from the BECM?

The dump from the BECM memory should be 640 bytes, and the the EKA code it then able to be deciphered from that.
I've just had a look in the file you posted, and there seems to be no P38 information in there that I can see. I've done a lot with the BECM units, and have the diagnostics equipment to read/reprogram the MCU on them, but can't get any useful info out of the file you posted sorry.

maugli
22nd October, 2017, 11:40 AM
Forgive me, I'm doing this machine remotely, my friend thought the dump was not from that processor, the correct dump is prilog, thanks

lightguy8
22nd October, 2017, 06:13 PM
Looking at the file, it appears the EKA should be 6313.

If it doesn't work, then it could be the BECM is in total lockout, which would need to be reset.

maugli
22nd October, 2017, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the help, I so understand if it is blocked it is necessary to rewrite the dump modernized?

lightguy8
22nd October, 2017, 06:46 PM
If it is, then let me know, and I might be able to modify the dump here, and you can then re-write it and it might do then be written back in a normal unlocked state.

I usually do BECM unlocking/resetting on the bench with P38 specific diagnostics - which has a user interface to do it. But I know what changes it makes so in theory it should work the same.

Sometimes they show up as being alarmed and locked out, but if you enter the EKA then it will reset them. Usually have more success on the later ones. The earlier (up to about 1998) can be more of a pain.