PDA

View Full Version : ecm titanium question

Chuckk
22nd October, 2017, 04:46 PM
Hi guys,

Have a Porsche Boxster S 2004 (3.2L 280 hp) that I want to tune with ecm titanium. When I open the original ROM from the car the software doesn't find any drivers for it.

But when I start the search again with the options of only looking for porsche boxster drivers, I can find 2 drivers for it.

The only differences are that the original ROM and the driver, don't have the same checksum. But when I modified the rom and re-do the checksum calculation it says ok but I still doesn't have the same checksum as the original.

Is that ok? Or I really need to have the same checksum for both the original and modified?

Jashmine1983
22nd October, 2017, 04:57 PM
Do it with WinOLS

Chuckk
22nd October, 2017, 05:04 PM
Do it with WinOLS

I know but I am trying to learn the basics first before using WinOLS. I just don't understand how to find maps with winOLS yet but I know it's better than titanium.

thank you

Jashmine1983
22nd October, 2017, 05:07 PM
If u search you'll find info on WinOLS....also u can find DAMOS.
Maybe the driver u find in titanium does not match your ECU. The device that u use to read/ write must do checksum.

Chuckk
23rd October, 2017, 02:36 AM
If u search you'll find info on WinOLS....also u can find DAMOS.
Maybe the driver u find in titanium does not match your ECU. The device that u use to read/ write must do checksum.

Ok so if im using a driver with a different checksum but uses kess that does correction before flashing I won't have any problems?

Thank you