PDA

View Full Version : TM 6900 feedback and queries

nshivas
11th August, 2008, 09:36 AM
Last three weeks I have been spending reasonable amount of time with a new 6900HD bought on eBay, please shred your comments and directions for better use of the equipment
1) The Dish and motor were provided and installed by a local sat provider. They guy who did the work, have managed to get a 30-30 view of sky. This was primarily because of terrace I have. Guy charged me ?300 for TM2200 H-H, 85CM dish, Mounts L&K, Rod and install on back of second floor. Not sure this is a reasonable pricing.
2) The Sat- Guy adviced me that I would have trouble on motor if I used more lengthier cable. Though it worked okay when the Sat-guy was there. But lately I had trouble in moving the dish. dish just froze one satellite, and I have turn of the receiver and turn back on. managed to get it to work after few tries with different satelites.
3) New issue came to light when I plugged in my terrestrial antenna (as receiver is capable of terrestrial). Dish just froze to one satellite and won't move whatever I do try. When I plugged off the terrestrial cable, everything was back to normal. However the Sony tv I had didn't find any issues with terrestrial at any stage.
4) I end up in querying TM for the above issue, and they said I may have double earth problem and advised me to check with a indoor antenna. I had a powered indoor antenna, and when I plugged in that, satellite did work, but was sluggish. Decided to remove the terrestrial out of the box.
5) Apart from these box seems to be okay (though this is the first sat box I'm using with a motorised dish), downloaded channel lists, software and even magic patch from another forum. All seems to be okay.
6) Not sure of these softcam keys, posted by Thommo and Sadiq, mainly because I do not know how to make use of these.

.: JaCkPoT :.
23rd August, 2008, 03:06 AM
6) Not sure of these softcam keys, posted by Thommo and Sadiq, mainly because I do not know how to make use of these.

These are things which have the latest keys in so you dont have to wait for auto update on the patches. These take 20seconds to download to your receiver and is great and this also allows you to experiment quicker without a long wait for auto update. Just put the latest one in your usb stick (make sure you extract the files)and use them through the menu or usb button. You can also do it using the 1000 series loader and make sure you use the keys tab.

<--^^^Sadiq999uk^^^ added 12 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...-->

300quid. Sounds expensive as the dish motor and brackets(t&k-not l&k) cost 100quid off wiz sat. but apparently the fitting is very hard but 200quid for fitting? No, rip off in my eyes.if this came with a 5300 then its worth it. But then again its my unexperienced advice as i dont pay for our stuff.:-)
My dad fit our setup but it took a painfull 16days as this was his first ever.

tee23uk
23rd September, 2008, 07:57 PM
just bought technomate 6900 running on version 6.35p but dont seem to be many unscrambled programs can anyone point me in the right direction im new at this game thank you

23rd September, 2008, 08:31 PM
Which channels arnt opening ? Tps wont work. Try premiere at 19 east. The patch is old but still the newest so why not put the latest softcam on? Give me a shout on how you do.

tee23uk
23rd September, 2008, 09:07 PM
Which channels arnt opening ? Tps wont work. Try premiere at 19 east. The patch is old but still the newest so why not put the latest softcam on? Give me a shout on how you do.

what you mean latest softcam im new where can i find that im on hotbird looking for the football thanks mate

23rd September, 2008, 10:42 PM
I cant tell you the source of these softcams here on the forum but im sure someone will be willing to upload it 4 ya. You wont get much prem FOOTY on hotbird using patches and softcams. You will get some scottish league matches on polsat. These open.