PDA

View Full Version : Gran Tourismo 5

opsmonkey
23rd October, 2009, 10:20 PM
I've just seen the Gran Tourismo 5 trailer and just spunked in my underpants

YouTube - Gran Turismo 5 E3 2009 Debut Trailer [HQ] (Rate This Game)

C64
23rd October, 2009, 10:23 PM
It does look gorgeous.

One of the few PS3 games that I'll actually buy brand new :)

I've been hooked to GT since the 1st PSX game, totally blew me away when I 1st played it.

But trailers always add that extra bit of pazzazz, they always look that little bit more exciting and the GFX are always just a tad more perfect than real life game play.

Still, I can't wait :)

opsmonkey
23rd October, 2009, 10:28 PM
It does look gorgeous.

One of the few PS3 games that I'll actually buy brand new :)

I've been hooked to GT since the 1st PSX game, totally blew me away when I 1st played it.

But trailers always add that extra bit of pazzazz, they always look that little bit more exciting and the GFX are always just a tad more perfect than real life game play.

Still, I can't wait :)

i'm with you on that one.. i remember staying up all night to earn enough cash to pimp my Impreza on GT1 on the PS1 in 1998.. I thought those graphics were good then but each time it gets better.. this series is the dogs bollox..

Raven
23rd October, 2009, 11:00 PM
But trailers always add that extra bit of pazzazz, they always look that little bit more exciting and the GFX are always just a tad more perfect than real life game play

Have you not seen Uncharted 2 ?! lol

this series is the dogs bollox..

Yeah it is very good, although GT3 A spec was my favorite by far....the more scenic levels coupled with them Feeder songs = pure quality!

palla69
7th November, 2009, 02:15 PM
Im gutted that the release for GT5 has been delayed till 05/03/2010

Raven
8th November, 2009, 04:43 PM
March is going to be a good month though with the release of Gran Turismo 5 and God Of War 3, plus Heavy Rain's release just before then most likely.....it won't surprise me to see at least 1 of those 3 games get delayed for a big summer release and it'll probably be GT5.

opsmonkey
11th November, 2009, 01:13 AM
if your a handy type of guy check out this page from Japan with pictures of home made GT cockpits.. some are pretty damn good..!!

http://gtfgtfp.x0.com/index.html

dik
11th November, 2009, 03:32 PM
Hopefully it will be as good as need for speed shift, I tried the Gt5 prologue and was far from impressed

Raven
12th November, 2009, 02:28 AM
Hopefully it will be as good as need for speed shift, I tried the Gt5 prologue and was far from impressed

I'd wager that GT5 proper will be a lot better than Prologue since Prologue was only ever a beta demo in the first place - and even that's about 2 years old now - and the full game is still 5 months away - and I think the game has been in development for about 5 years now. I mean GT4 was the last Gran Turismo game and that was released how long ago ? Mid way through the PS2's life cycle....so GT5's been in development for an absolute age now and if it's anything less than spot on and certainly if it doesn't embarass Forza3 then that should rightly be deemed an utter failure. Failure isn't an option for it at this point, nothing but success will suffice - though success isn't guaranteed. Though neither is failure. Wait and see and don't judge based on Prologue, judge the full game in March.

calvin plummer
18th November, 2009, 12:01 PM
better than Need for Speed Shift? I'm not sure it could be any worse - my wish is that for once they spend more than 5mins on driver AI

Raven
18th November, 2009, 07:05 PM
Although this game will undoubtedly have legions of rabid fanboys defending every last little criticism, I for one will be extremely critical on this game if it doesn't at least make the effort to blow me away, if they leave out little things like custom soundtracks for example....you know the little things that do make a difference in games like this....and mainly the extra critiquing will be because of 2 things which are linked together, A) how long this game has been in development, and B) the fact that there's been 3 Forza games made in between this game and the previous Gran Turismo.

It's either going to be something else, or an utter failure of a game but either way it's going to sell based on name alone like quite a few games I could mention. I'm hoping it's awesome, as for predictions well it could go either way. For rep's sake they're going to have to deliver big time. Something tells me though that we're in for a treat when it gets released. Because it's a PS3 exclusive. Just seeing the graphics that MotorStorm 2 was capable of has me very hopeful that these graphics could well be stunning.

As a PS3 owner I am really looking forward to 2010. Some great stuff on the way! ;)

johnboy1974
20th November, 2009, 11:06 PM
whats to get exited about its just a trailer not actual gameplay, we'll see how it plays when its released remember the dissapointment of prologue

Raven
21st November, 2009, 06:53 PM
whats to get exited about its just a trailer not actual gameplay, we'll see how it plays when its released remember the dissapointment of prologue

Yeah you're right - but you mean Prologue that was a beta demo all along that's going to be at least 3 years old when the full game is released - The difference is bound to be night and day mate.

nemesiszero
16th December, 2009, 04:20 PM
Hopefully you should be alive for the day its released.
DELAY DELAY DELAY DELAY a developers fav word.

Raven
16th December, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hopefully you should be alive for the day its released.
DELAY DELAY DELAY DELAY a developers fav word.

You do realize that delays happen for 2 possible reasons, 1) to allow more time to improve the game, or 2) to hold the game back until calmer times so the game doesn't get lost in the shuffle and thus sells more copies.

So we will be alive when this gets released during the summer months, though those that can't wait will simply import the Japanese version that gets released in March and it'll still work it just might not be in English. Game's going to sell out the door regardless and given all the time it's had in development it should be superb.

chana7
3rd January, 2010, 04:07 PM
Played the demo and it true GT fashion the handling is super realistically hard! Wheres my copy of Need for Speed...

Raven
4th January, 2010, 09:55 PM
Played the demo and it true GT fashion the handling is super realistically hard! Wheres my copy of Need for Speed...

Yeah the time trial demo was absolutely crap, I hated it. But then again I know fact as should anyone else that it's not representative of the final game as you know in the full game you'll have different cars, opponents to race against during a set amount of laps, different events and all this. Racing on your own around a boring track infinite times gets boring as ~~~~ very quickly and that's exactly what this trial is.

Regarding the handling on Gran Turismo, you do get that under lock and key pretty quickly thanks to the necessary driving lessons and tests in the career mode. Eases you in nicely and before you know where you are you find yourself drifting around a sharp bend on a dirt track in an off road vehicle during mid race....

88Baz
13th January, 2010, 07:41 PM
I've just seen the Gran Tourismo 5 trailer and just spunked in my underpants

YouTube - Gran Turismo 5 E3 2009 Debut Trailer [HQ] (Rate This Game) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXtbXy5vO70)

How god does this look im a huge fan of gt since the first one and it seems there only getting better cant wait for this to be released im like a big kid......... well maybe i am but who isnt lol