PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 2004 2.0TDI Dash dead - no lights - no start

fogducker
3rd November, 2017, 09:37 PM
I have a 2004 Audi A3 2.0TDI with Bosch EDC16U1 ECU.

Dash totally dead, no lights at all. Car switches on fine, fuel pump primes etc.

Plugged spare dash in to prove power supply and new dash lights up fine but of course displayed safe.

I cannot obtain the pin, CS, Mac, key info or config from the old dash as there is no comms at all via CAN.

Can i I retrieve the information from a dump of the old dash or the ECU? I have genuine carprog and VCDS. I have already read a dump from the 93C86 inside the dead dash.

any help much appreciated!

dtip
3rd November, 2017, 10:53 PM
you can get 6 bytes of CS from ecu and seventh from working key, pin also of course

fogducker
4th November, 2017, 12:42 AM
Excellent! What do I need to read in the ECU?

fogducker
18th November, 2017, 11:00 PM
I already have a genuine Carprog and it’s adapters, would the be suitable to read this ECU?

ISIV
18th November, 2017, 11:48 PM
I have a 2004 Audi A3 2.0TDI with Bosch EDC16U1 ECU.

Dash totally dead, no lights at all. Car switches on fine, fuel pump primes etc.

Plugged spare dash in to prove power supply and new dash lights up fine but of course displayed safe.

I cannot obtain the pin, CS, Mac, key info or config from the old dash as there is no comms at all via CAN.

Can i I retrieve the information from a dump of the old dash or the ECU? I have genuine carprog and VCDS. I have already read a dump from the 93C86 inside the dead dash.

any help much appreciated!
Open dash and heat the board....One time worked for me:itsme:

fogducker
19th November, 2017, 12:48 AM
Open dash and heat the board....One time worked for me:itsme:

I tried that as well as reflowing as much of the solder joints as I could. The dash makes strange noises when it has power applied. Sometimes ticking and now a high pitched noise!

PETAR
20th November, 2017, 08:55 AM
what year this car and what model is dash?

fogducker
20th November, 2017, 09:51 AM
what year this car and what model is dash?

The car is 2004 and the dash has the two Fujitsu MCUs fitted. I will get the exact model number a little later today.