PDA

View Full Version : Help Please - Technomate TM 1000D

nooby
24th October, 2009, 05:19 AM
Please can anyone help ?

A couple of years ago, my father had installed a satellite dish, so that he could watch his beloved Hindi movies (Bollywood style, etc...).

When he could no longer tune into them, he just thought that the box had stopped working and called the wonderful installer for help. Unfortunately the installer had moved and was no longer available.

I had noticed that a Laptop with a serial cable had been used to update the box with channel codes etc...

I am a newbie to patching and so do not want to brick the box. I am familiar with PC's, Serial Cables/ports. I can connect a PC to the TM 1000D.

It has taken forever to find this wonderful Forum.

Where I need help is to find out what loader software I need to update the box and what up to date patches would be required to help my dad re-visit his favourite Bollwood.

I am not sure where Hindi movies live in the digital satellite cosmos, whether it is Hotbird, ASTRA etc...

That is where I am not sure which patchs and/or Softcams to apply.

I appreciate Hollywood, so if there is any way to combine patches / Softcams for both East & West on this humble little box then this would be truly brialliant.

I understand the concept of the loader software but not where to find the latest version suitable for the TM 1000 D or the patches / Softcams.

Please can anyone help ?

Kind Regards and THank You
Naresh aka "sat noobie"

dick b
24th October, 2009, 01:43 PM
check out the sticky section in red just above where your thread was posted.its got all the info on patching etc.,
you will need a loader,patch and softcam, but I dont think you will be able to open any Hindi films I"m afraid.
what satellite are you pointed at? as patching does not open much other than 1West and the odd channel here and there on other sats

nooby
24th October, 2009, 08:34 PM
check out the sticky section in red just above where your thread was posted.its got all the info on patching etc.,
you will need a loader,patch and softcam, but I dont think you will be able to open any Hindi films I"m afraid.
what satellite are you pointed at? as patching does not open much other than 1West and the odd channel here and there on other sats

Hi,

Thank you for the kind message. The box has a positioner so can point to any. At the moment I think it is pointed at ASTRA 2, but not much Indian / Hindi there, or am I missing something. Using the box as FTA (Free to Air) at the moment.

Kind Regards
Naresh

.: JaCkPoT :.
24th October, 2009, 08:54 PM
You will not et any hindi/bollywood stuff with the patch or by FTA. Official Subscription only.

dick b
25th October, 2009, 02:58 PM
as "jackpot" says you have to subscribe to sky to get what you want on 28.2E I"m sending you a FTA guide of all thats available on free asian tv.

nooby
25th October, 2009, 04:42 PM
as "jackpot" says you have to subscribe to sky to get what you want on 28.2E I"m sending you a FTA guide of all thats available on free asian tv.

Thank you very much. The FTA guide is much appreciated.

THe dish connected to the TM1000D is motorised. Are there any other places it can be pointed towards for Hindi Channels ?

Kind Regards & Thank You
Naresh

nooby
25th October, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hi,

I don't know if this will help, but I checked the System Information of the TM1000D and this is what it says :

Model : TM-1000D SUPER
S/W Version : Darkman 2.11p (Nov 17 2006)
H/W Version : 1.11
Boot Version : 2.10 (08:11)
CH Version : OCT:06

CAS Menu BISS Menu

The very kind installer of the box is no longer available, so maintenance is a very steep learing curve for me.

Please can anyone help ?

What updates do I need to maximize its viewing potential ?
It is connected to a motorised Dish

Kind Regards & Thank You to anyone reading this with any ideas / pointers
Naresh

dick b
26th October, 2009, 03:46 PM
hello Naresh,
I see from one of your other posts you have the darkman loader,if you use this to install the attached patch and softcam it will bring your box up to date.Its patch 1st using the software tab wait for box to re-boot then put softcam in using the keys tab.you can then open Digi TV on THOR @1 West.(but for how long we dont know).but there are no Hindi films on it. you can also open a few other channels on other sats but not much. any doubt as to how to do it just ask.

nooby
26th October, 2009, 06:02 PM
hello Naresh,
I see from one of your other posts you have the darkman loader,if you use this to install the attached patch and softcam it will bring your box up to date.Its patch 1st using the software tab wait for box to re-boot then put softcam in using the keys tab.you can then open Digi TV on THOR @1 West.(but for how long we dont know).but there are no Hindi films on it. you can also open a few other channels on other sats but not much. any doubt as to how to do it just ask.

Thank You. I will give it a shot and hope for the best.

At worst, I will have Free to Air channels to assess for watchability, whilst compiling favourites.

At best, I will have an updated box & I will have a few more channels to assess for watchability, whilst compiling favourites.

Kind Regards & Thank You
Naresh

kwaka750
24th September, 2010, 12:12 AM
just got a second hand one of thse as my tm-500 stopped putting power out to the lnb/motor
just got to learn how to update it. hope i have an old computer with 9 pin port on it.
thanks foer this great thread it has helped a lot :champions: