PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes W215 CL500 ME2.8 Checksum correction

phl0at
6th November, 2017, 08:18 AM
Hello guys. Does anyone has original OLS to correct with CRC to correct the Mercedes W215 CL500 with ECU ME2.8 Checksum?
Some tools correct that but after writing the file the cars starts ONLY ONCE. Runs fine but after trying to start it for a second time, thet radiator fan kicks in and there is no connection to the ECU anymore-boot mode restoration required. Very strange problem, isn't it?

Thanks in advance!

voltechcar
6th November, 2017, 08:26 AM
upload orginal file

phl0at
6th November, 2017, 08:36 AM
Uploaded original in first post. Also have on mind that it has Speed limiter removed + slight ignition advance!

voltechcar
6th November, 2017, 09:06 AM
crc ok, write this

phl0at
6th November, 2017, 09:11 AM
Thank you! I will try and report if starts for second time in 1 hour :D

johak
6th November, 2017, 09:24 AM
my ols did that

phl0at
6th November, 2017, 03:54 PM
Just triet both files. After writing the first start is ok...after trying to start the car again - the fan kicks in and no start, no diag, no recovery unless boot mode :D
Any ideas?! I am so creeped out of that :X

@johak which OLS version do you use?

johak
6th November, 2017, 04:07 PM
@johak which OLS version do you use?

the version is the old 1.7

johak
6th November, 2017, 04:30 PM
if you want to try this
if it works then the problem is not in the checksum

konq100
6th November, 2017, 05:19 PM
Which tools you use for R/W ECU?

phl0at
6th November, 2017, 06:28 PM
MPPS v18, Kess EU, Galletto ... every tool does the same. MagPRO doesn't write this.
@Johak - i will try this tomorrow morning. Thank you!

voltechcar
6th November, 2017, 09:03 PM
my file must work, I fix crc orginal software, never bad solution

phl0at
7th November, 2017, 12:05 PM
@voltechcar - i have tried it but the result is the same - no start after the first attempt. I will try now the file from @johak to see if it works, because he said it must work and if it does it is not the checksum. In 30 minutes wll have result.

phl0at
12th November, 2017, 09:19 PM
Still no luck after uploading the file from @johak - original one with some bits changet at the begining of the file (seems like checksums) - car starts once then no connection to the ECU :D
Never seen such a messy thing before!!!

johak
13th November, 2017, 09:12 AM
yes, my last file is an original with checksum made by winols
probably the problem is with checksum

phl0at
13th November, 2017, 11:11 AM
Yes most probably it is in checksums but why does it start one time and after that it dies?
It is not the tool which wirtes the ECU, it is not the modifications done in the file, so it must only be the checksum. But if the checksum is not correctly calculated it won't start.

maajkii
13th November, 2017, 11:17 AM
Yes most probably it is in checksums but why does it start one time and after that it dies?
It is not the tool which wirtes the ECU, it is not the modifications done in the file, so it must only be the checksum. But if the checksum is not correctly calculated it won't start.
try this. no pass

phl0at
15th November, 2017, 09:35 AM
@maajkii - Still no luck. Same as every other file I have tested so far. I am starting to think there is something wrong with the flash maybe.

maajkii
15th November, 2017, 09:37 AM
@maajkii - Still no luck. Same as every other file I have tested so far. I am starting to think there is something wrong with the flash maybe.

Try to find ori in web... Maybe you find sth..

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

phl0at
15th November, 2017, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately no ORI except one in a forum where you have to be premium to download. Will do something about it and will compare it after that.
Thank you all for the effort!

konq100
15th November, 2017, 09:59 AM
I think your file is partly corrupted.
Check this file. Leave tool to calculate CRC.

phl0at
15th November, 2017, 12:35 PM
This file is also not working. But I have noticed something strange.
I have uploaded a file. Started the car once, then the car didn't wanna start again ofc.
This time I have downloaded the file from the ECU in boot mode, to see if anything has changed in the flash during the first start of the car nad voila - huge chunk of it changed.
There are changes in the areas from #00000 to #037FF - the thing is I am not sure what is the information there since in damos there aren't any described maps there.
I am uploading the files before start and after first start so you can check what is wrong.