PDA

View Full Version : Can the bootloader on a 800HD be updated

bub
25th October, 2009, 10:50 AM
Hi, I want to purchase a Dreambox 800HD and was going to get it from Linuxsat, the ones they sell come with Bootloader 72, i see 74 is out on new receivers. Can the bootloader be updated? if not can anyone point me to the right direction as to who sells one with 74

Thanks

bub

DJSimo
25th October, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hi, I want to purchase a Dreambox 800HD and was going to get it from Linuxsat, the ones they sell come with Bootloader 72, i see 74 is out on new receivers. Can the bootloader be updated? if not can anyone point me to the right direction as to who sells one with 74

Thanks

bub

This is a question I have been trying to find the answer to also, Mine has bootloader 74 and works fine but now the newer ones have BL75, I am aware you can just change the sim card to overcome this but I am still to find out if you can programme the sim ( I would imagine this is possible with the old sim programmers I used to use to clone mobile sims, purely for educational purposes of course)

bub
25th October, 2009, 09:29 PM
The thing is they will keep bringing out new bootloaders with clones but the end of the day if your image works well the bootloader wont matter.

satkr
30th October, 2009, 07:01 AM
This is a question I have been trying to find the answer to also, Mine has bootloader 74 and works fine but now the newer ones have BL75, I am aware you can just change the sim card to overcome this but I am still to find out if you can programme the sim ( I would imagine this is possible with the old sim programmers I used to use to clone mobile sims, purely for educational purposes of course)
hi
not need change SIM card , i have a news from china manufacture , all SIM card can update , they will release a new software update bootloader, so waiting for this software

DJSimo
30th October, 2009, 11:48 AM
hi
not need change SIM card , i have a news from china manufacture , all SIM card can update , they will release a new software update bootloader, so waiting for this software

I will await this software eagerly, Thanks

johny48
25th January, 2010, 06:16 PM
any news on this yet

cheers johny48

kaitum
25th January, 2010, 07:06 PM
There seems to be solution
Google--> DM800sim200to201en