PDA

View Full Version : new motherboard and processor

ashbash
12th August, 2008, 02:02 PM
Looking for a bit of advice here folks my mates wanting to update his computer but he only has the budget to do it in stages so first off he wants to get a new mother board and processor, but still using the memory that he already has (ddr2 pc 2700 he has a 1gb and 512 mb crucial sticks) He has ?150ish to spend on the motherboard and processor any ideas what he should be looking for?

Saltire
12th August, 2008, 06:28 PM
Looking for a bit of advice here folks my mates wanting to update his computer but he only has the budget to do it in stages so first off he wants to get a new mother board and processor, but still using the memory that he already has (ddr2 pc 2700 he has a 1gb and 512 mb crucial sticks) He has ?150ish to spend on the motherboard and processor any ideas what he should be looking for?

here ya go mate >>> Motherboard Bundles : Computer Supplies and PC Components from Novatech (http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/bundles.html)
They sell them with the processor fitted etc.

<--Thomson added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...-->

and the pack also has the ram included too.

ashbash
12th August, 2008, 07:45 PM
cheers mate, i will forward it on to him, but he was not after new ram just now and i am sure he was really looking for a intel set up. seeing the price they want for their intel bundles i don't see him going for one of those, but thanks for the link. if nothing else i gives him something to think about.

Saltire
12th August, 2008, 08:08 PM
cheers mate, i will forward it on to him, but he was not after new ram just now and i am sure he was really looking for a intel set up. seeing the price they want for their intel bundles i don't see him going for one of those, but thanks for the link. if nothing else i gives him something to think about.

but the ram is only pennies nowdays mate, so hes as well buying the bundle with the ram included, also, bit of advice, always buy the absolute most expensive/best pc motherboard/cpu/ram etc that your pocket can afford, it pays big time in the long run.

<--Thomson added 4 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...-->

for example, this one here >> MBB-52K92G : Motherboard Bundle AMD X2 5200 2048MB Heatsink And Fan MSI K9N SLI 2-F Motherboard : Athlon 64 Bundles : novatech.co.uk (http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-52K92G)

its only 147quid, thats not bad at all for what your getting there, i know the guy might want to go intel, but nowdays theres literally not much of a difference in intel and amd chips of same equivlants.

ashbash
13th August, 2008, 12:02 AM
but the ram is only pennies nowdays mate, so hes as well buying the bundle with the ram included, also, bit of advice, always buy the absolute most expensive/best pc motherboard/cpu/ram etc that your pocket can afford, it pays big time in the long run.

<--Thomson added 4 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...-->

for example, this one here >> MBB-52K92G : Motherboard Bundle AMD X2 5200 2048MB Heatsink And Fan MSI K9N SLI 2-F Motherboard : Athlon 64 Bundles : novatech.co.uk (http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-52K92G)

its only 147quid, thats not bad at all for what your getting there, i know the guy might want to go intel, but nowdays theres literally not much of a difference in intel and amd chips of same equivlants.

once again thomson thanks mate, i have emailed him the link mate and told him what you said. now i will leave it up to him. i have to admit that im more than keen to see what he ends up going for, as im thinking about changing my own one and giving the kids this one im using now. im getting fed up fighting with them about getting on the pc. see that msn and bebo causes nothing but trouble in our house lol.