PDA

View Full Version : How do I run downloaded pc games?

T-Po
26th October, 2009, 11:27 AM
Hey all - Been searching similar threads without success!

Can anyone provide any pointers how to run a pc game I have recently downloaded from a bittorrent site? This is my first time at this kind of thing. I have 6gb of .r01 etc files, 1 .rar files and 1 .sfv. I reckon I need a program, but thought this would have come with it?

Thanks.:trytofly:

ManofScience
26th October, 2009, 12:11 PM
you need winrar. install it.

then, click on any of the files with a .rar or any with a number r1, r3, r5, etc. a rar is like a zip file.

once it opens, then click 'extract' and it'll extract the game, probably an ISO.

then, either burnt it to disk (using nero or imgburn) or just mount the ISO on a virtual drive (daemon tools) to save burning disks.

chroma
27th October, 2009, 05:58 AM
Download and install WinRar.
Download and install Daemon Tools
Download whichever pc game.

Winrar is used to extract all the rar files into something usable.
Normaly an iso/bin cue/nrg/cdi etc.

The torrent might also have a folder called CRACK and it will definately have a REAME or something.nfo(more on this later)

Next open up daemon tools (this is a virtual dvd drive emulator) this should stick a red lightning bolt in your system tray.
right click on that and select Virtual cd rom then device [0]: then finaly mount

Browse to where the file(s) you extracted from the rars are and click it and it will load it into the virtual drive (just like slapping a cd/dvd in the drive)

Under "My Computer" open up the drive and have a look at it first (sometimes release groups stick a CRACK folder or README/nfo in there)

Read the readme or NFO (nfo's are just txt files so notepad will open them, just in case you get a dialogue popping up saying wtf do i do with this) this will detail exactly how to patch the game (if for some rare reason they differ from my instructions) and will give you your CD KEY if the install requires it.

then just install as usual.

Once its installed copy the exe file in the crack folder over the main exe in the directory the game installed to.
If you fail to do so then there will more often than not be a popup asking you to insert the original cd/dvd before you can play.

Thats essentialy it, if its any more complicated then the group will outline this in the nfo/readme file.

letmein
31st October, 2009, 12:25 AM
hi any idea's how to get gta working with a generic controller?

haza1981
31st March, 2010, 09:47 PM
hi any idea's how to get gta working with a generic controller?

There is a program called xpadder you can use. :ridinghorse:

icemanl88
29th May, 2010, 05:16 PM
For the .rar files use 7zip(the best unrar soft and for free too), for the .r0x files use hjsplit(free soft). I think the .rar is a selfexstracting archive...

tiddey
1st July, 2010, 09:38 PM
Hi, this forum has been a great help thanks, quick question, do I only need to burn the file extracted from the winzip file? In my case, a single WAD file?