PDA

View Full Version : 2009 BMW x5 e70 cranks and no start

dd1
28th November, 2017, 02:29 AM
Hi everyone. I have a BMW x5 e70, it has a crank but no start. I have tried adjusting the CAS but no luck. Is this a key or a CAS issue? The key looks like a Chinese made. Can someone help me with this? Thnx in advance

CarCity
28th November, 2017, 05:18 AM
Hi everyone. I have a BMW x5 e70, it has a crank but no start. I have tried adjusting the CAS but no luck. Is this a key or a CAS issue? The key looks like a Chinese made. Can someone help me with this? Thnx in advance

DME , CAS sync

TVO
28th November, 2017, 08:35 AM
I have tried adjusting the CAS but no luck.
There is no synchro in ews4 systems !!!
Read isn from msd81 and from cas .
U dont write after what this is happened , thats why hard to tell. There can be many reasons of this .

brend
28th November, 2017, 09:27 AM

Go servis functions and DME (DDE) set Cas and DME(DDE) synchro function.

TVO
28th November, 2017, 09:38 AM
Go servis functions and DME (DDE) set Cas and DME(DDE) synchro function.
Read post 3 )))

dd1
28th November, 2017, 02:52 PM
Thnx guys but resync did not work, I even reprogrammed the CAS. And still nothing. This happened right after battery was changed. So I have to read the ISN dme and CAS? And then???????

dd1
29th November, 2017, 04:32 PM
Can someone tell me what to do with this problem ?????

TVO
29th November, 2017, 04:51 PM
everything has been told yet - try to read Isn from dme and cas eeprom

icogsm
29th November, 2017, 05:34 PM
cas dde sinc used avdi
b.r.

icogsm
29th November, 2017, 05:35 PM
or reflash cas used i com!

dd1
29th November, 2017, 10:45 PM
Thnx but resync and reflash has not worked. Read ISN? Let me try that.

dd1
9th December, 2017, 01:58 AM
There is no synchro in ews4 systems !!!
Read isn from msd81 and from cas .
U dont write after what this is happened , thats why hard to tell. There can be many reasons of this .
This has happened after battery went low. and I went to check the car. so, you are telling me to read the dme and cas ISN? would the PAsoft do the job?

dd1
14th December, 2017, 01:50 AM
Hi everyone, so the car has a MSD80, what tool can I use to read this? If bdm is an option the. Pinout for it please if someone has it. I google it and no luck. Thnx in advance

nickolasd
16th December, 2017, 06:46 AM
isn from dme can be read over obd with tools such as avdi, autohex or similar and write that isn to cas over obd as well. there are no cas/dme sync like on older cars.
its quite difficult to read msd80 on bench in boot mode, tricore password protected, so you need a tool to extract password first.

salkapone
16th December, 2017, 09:28 AM
in msd80 avdi patch firmware ,,,change flash and is not safe way !!! i sugest find someone with magx17 that is best way for msd80!!with x17 you can take out isn or clone msd80 in just few minuts! if you have fvdi or avdi you can try first from cas diag push sync buton after that go in engine ecu and push dme/cas sync ,,,sometime from special function is not posible but from diag usually is ok,,or with launch diag try several time

decno1
16th December, 2017, 11:17 PM
Hi everyone, so the car has a MSD80, what tool can I use to read this? If bdm is an option the. Pinout for it please if someone has it. I google it and no luck. Thnx in advance
MSD80 does not require Sync.
You better check fault codes. If you find a fault like ews tampering, then ISN is not matched between cas and DME.
If no fault like this, forget about ISN and check what faults (in both dme and cas ) say.

salkapone
17th December, 2017, 06:26 PM
look first post....

alex09
17th December, 2017, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone. I have a BMW x5 e70, it has a crank but no start. I have tried adjusting the CAS but no luck. Is this a key or a CAS issue? The key looks like a Chinese made. Can someone help me with this? Thnx in advance I had a similar problem, and i used avdi, in diag there is one button DME CAS Synchro. it worked for me. I was deleting dpf and after writing file back i have that problem. avdi solved it.

dd1
30th January, 2018, 05:50 AM
Hi everyone. So this is what I have done, with the help of a BMW explorer I did the dme CAS ISN change. Which was different, somehow it was changed. Now I have the throtle body code and dme main relay fault code. These 2 codes were not there before I did the ISN read from dme and coding in the CAS. The car cranks but won't start. Even before I did this, it was a crank and no start. What's my solution to this problem? Thnx in advance

wbart
30th January, 2018, 06:16 AM
Does the car have Key les go ? And working good?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G390F przy użyciu Tapatalka

dd1
30th January, 2018, 06:26 AM
It is working good, the CAS has no fault codes. I don't understand why am I getting this error code when I aquire the ISN from the dme??????

wbart
30th January, 2018, 06:30 AM
Disconnect handle and test

dd1
30th January, 2018, 04:50 PM
Disconnect what?

wbart
30th January, 2018, 05:14 PM
Handles

dd1
30th January, 2018, 05:57 PM
Handles of what? Door handles ?

wbart
30th January, 2018, 06:04 PM
Yes

dd1
30th January, 2018, 07:03 PM
I can insert the key in the slot and turn the ignition On and even crank the car. Anyone else can help me out on this issue?

satellitedream
5th February, 2018, 07:46 PM
Are you sure you read ISN from DME correctly and programmed it into the cas and then disconnect the battery for few seconds and try to start again?

dd1
9th February, 2018, 01:58 PM
Yes I am. Looks like soft error in the dme, swapped with with a wrong part number. Looking for a correct one