PDA

View Full Version : audi a4 transmission codes 17090 or P0706

smirnoff_rules
27th October, 2009, 01:52 PM
audi a4 2005 transmission codes 17090 or P0706

l know this is a tcm (transmission control mod) ONLY ?653.00 + VAT lol

l wonder if anyone knows anyone that repairs these in the uk or is he stuffed

Vin# and looks like you have CVT trans. and this multifunction switch is inside TCM. Tcm itself is inside trans , so if you have to replace module you will need new fluid also. With this fault Audi dealer will tell - you need new module.
I checked all TSB ( technical buletins) on your car and it says
If DTC 17090-P0706, 18201-P0722 or 18201-P1793 is stored in the fault memory, replace Transmission Control Module

Meat-Head
27th October, 2009, 02:59 PM
all i can say is

swap you for passat with no central locking and no electric windows

or

www.bba-reman.cu*s (http://www.bba-reman.cu*s) sorry i mean www.bba-reman.com (http://www.bba-reman.com)

smirnoff_rules
27th October, 2009, 04:24 PM
l wonder wot type of job it is as its says in the box ? can l push the car in and out the garage still a new on comes ?

Meat-Head
27th October, 2009, 07:37 PM
l wonder wot type of job it is as its says in the box ? can l push the car in and out the garage still a new on comes ?

i would be inclined to get the local (or next town) audi dealer to E-MAIL
not fax or Telex exploded parts diagramme of the furry box.

when you get the e-mail, look at the open windows off his screen
and see how many'non car stuff there is open!

secondaly i'm not the only one with spelling problems.

"can l push the car in and out the garage still a new on comes"

guess you meant to say " can i push the car in and out of the garage untill a new one comes"

normally with autospastic stuff they are in 3rd gear with no power
Deloren DMC-12 is an example of that.

if you have a part number then type it in EKTA thing.

try here for a "previsoly enjoyed" furry box MotorHog - Car parts, Car Sales, Online Salvage Auction, Car and Vehicle Dismantling and Salvage (http://www.motorhog.co.uk/)

give them your mobile phone number and they send you 1 text with the part you want details on it.

smirnoff_rules
28th October, 2009, 01:00 AM
yea the pilture isnt helpfull lol ( more bad spelling for u ) but dosnt look like its in the box , but on the web they all say it is ?

syncro
28th October, 2009, 01:35 AM
The box the module is in would suggest its location would be under the carpet in front of either the driver or passenger seat.

Meat-Head
28th October, 2009, 08:49 PM
The box the module is in would suggest its location would be under the carpet in front of either the driver or passenger seat.

in that case, unplug it, connect your diagnosic scanner up and see if your scanner says

"what ~~~~ing gearbox, it an't here"

if it does say "what you wanna know", the words "that is incorrect, please try again" spring to mind.

yank like ~~~~ on the passenger side carpet, watch the spikes, it laughing at you 'under the front passengers left heel'

but i thought it was the comfART module.

smirnoff_rules
28th October, 2009, 09:07 PM
had a look around and this guy works for them so sounds like he knows , havnt heard from the customer since tho .. shit his self l think lol

Its been a while since ive replaced one but you shouldn't have to drain the fluid if i remember correctly. Just take off the tail of the tranny housing and pull it out.
BTW people that have no experience with a CVT don't tell him the TCM is under the carpet because its not

looks like etka picture is crap too lol