PDA

View Full Version : cable for dbox

wgnrblay
27th October, 2009, 08:35 PM
Hopefully this will be easy, I am going to get a dbox 800hd. requires a internet conection ? At home at I have is pc, cable modem, and STB. what do I need to buy, a hub, router etc. Just to conect dbox to network. I have been off this afternoon and walked around and asked people at pcworld, staples, etc, etc, and none have a clue what I am talking about. Also maplins, so much for staff training or am I expecting to much? So The Big question is for the experts what is it I need to get?

on_the_jazz
27th October, 2009, 09:06 PM
If you buy a dreambox 800hd for cable then no you won't really need a network connection unless you want to stream things from your pc. If you buy a dreambox 800hd for sat then you will only need an internet connection if you want to cardshare or use the box to stream things. CS talk isn't allowed here but google is your friend.
You'll need a router to share your internet connection.
Dixons, pc world, etc. rarely know much about the items they sell so forget asking about things they don't sell. These are hobbyist boxes.

wgnrblay
28th October, 2009, 12:42 PM
It the satelite box I am getting. so I will have a look for an inexpensive router then. Is it hard to set up?

dulkaloshi
28th October, 2009, 02:59 PM
i have dmbox500 sat , i have internet connection, router, all the thing what i need is to card share my box what to do?
can anyone send a step by step manual for this? i will be very happy if anyone help me