PDA

View Full Version : TV Card not working...

Devilfish
13th August, 2008, 06:08 PM
I recently bought a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 so that I could record from my cable/satellite box to the PC.

After footering about for ages, it's so temperamental, I decided to send Dell (bought it from Dell.co.uk) an email explaining my problems. They asked me a few questions then said they would be sending a new card out within 3-5 business days. I asked if the courier would pick the faulty card up when he delivers the new one and they said, don't worry about it, just keep it! lol

I don't actually think it's faulty because if I do a certain sequence of events it shows a picture but I know this is not how it's supposed to work and it's not right. Maybe it'll work ok in another PC or build. Ah well. :)

westkill
13th August, 2008, 07:25 PM
hi m8
ive gota hauppagge wintv-hvr card
in mine,which hasa s-video connection in it so my dm600 has this connection
so i-get picture ok on my desktop
for the sound put a couple of audio lead into an old amp from the back of the dreambox
i found the software that came with it quite a heavy program
so i watch it with vlc or km player :)

Devilfish
13th August, 2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah that's what I was trying to do m8, using s-video from my technomate and stereo phono for the audio, straight into the back of the card.

We'll see what the new one's like.

biffo1
13th August, 2008, 08:32 PM
means ull have a spare 1 now mate lol

shady77
28th August, 2008, 11:11 AM
ive got a pvr 150 and its got phono connections on the back. this is how i hook up my digivox. is this not an option for you?

ZaFoD
28th August, 2008, 10:23 PM
A quick and easy way to test 90% of TV capture cards Analogue or Digital is to download VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/).
I've yet to find a 'PAL' capable card that it can't use.

But i don't advise trying to use it as your default TV software. :)