PDA

View Full Version : Brabus Performance Tuning at DAS

founas
28th October, 2009, 09:31 AM
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some information, how to activate the Brabus Performance Tuning option with DAS at mine 05 Smart ForTwo. I have the TAN code, but at the end of the process DAS give me a message "Coding was not successful" Any idea?

Thanks

founas
28th October, 2009, 11:23 AM
Also, if you know how to change the serice interval, it will help. Thank you.

Hugo01
25th June, 2010, 07:49 AM
ok, guys, I found a new info, but I still wasn't able to move forward much.

First of all for everyone who don't know, what Brabus Performance Tunning is, it will remap the ECU of the car with ORIGINAL Mercedes SW. Your car will have more power then.

The problem with STAR (DAS) is there is not the patch file with new SW in the DAS. So it can't by writen to the ECU of the car. That's the reason it ends with "coding was not successfull."

My question is, do anyone knows how, or where to get the patch file?

Thank you
Robin

wsc
27th June, 2010, 11:50 PM
ok, guys, I found a new info, but I still wasn't able to move forward much.

First of all for everyone who don't know, what Brabus Performance Tunning is, it will remap the ECU of the car with ORIGINAL Mercedes SW. Your car will have more power then.

The problem with STAR (DAS) is there is not the patch file with new SW in the DAS. So it can't by writen to the ECU of the car. That's the reason it ends with "coding was not successfull."

My question is, do anyone knows how, or where to get the patch file?

Thank you
Robin
Mate the problem isnt the sw but the way....
You must first do SCN coding in a dealer and after that you can performe and write with the TAN the SW
After that all will work perfect:marchmellow:

Hugo01
3rd July, 2010, 05:43 PM
Are you sure about that? When I start the procedure, the Star asks for a TAN code. AFTER the procedure is done, then it wants SCN coding. As far as I found (and maybe I'm wrong), the SCN coding basically just update the info in the Mercedes central database: This vehicle with this VIN number is now equipped with Brabus Performance, for example. Nothing more. So if I got this idea correctly, then I don't need SCN coding at all.

Another example, I already activated the paddle shifting and Softouch. It always asked me for SCN coding after the change was made. It works perfectly well WITHOUT SCN coding.

But as I said, maybe I'm wrong. If I'm wrong explain me how exactly SCN coding works, please.

Thank you

wsc
4th July, 2010, 10:53 PM
Are you sure about that? When I start the procedure, the Star asks for a TAN code. AFTER the procedure is done, then it wants SCN coding. As far as I found (and maybe I'm wrong), the SCN coding basically just update the info in the Mercedes central database: This vehicle with this VIN number is now equipped with Brabus Performance, for example. Nothing more. So if I got this idea correctly, then I don't need SCN coding at all.

Another example, I already activated the paddle shifting and Softouch. It always asked me for SCN coding after the change was made. It works perfectly well WITHOUT SCN coding.

But as I said, maybe I'm wrong. If I'm wrong explain me how exactly SCN coding works, please.

Thank you

Mate the SCN coding is "software callibration number" thats meeing cheksum the soft to comun with the other module who you havent perform with tan code.
The padlle shifting and softtouch is only a pach IS NOT PROGRAME like the BRABUS TUNING.
If the Vdoc havent update from DEALER MERCEDES BENZ the SB2 will never work..........
GOOD LUCK M8

jmush303
28th October, 2010, 03:08 PM
Hi
i search tan code generator or code for my smart

VIN: WME01MC011H0554726

Thks a lot

taz23
28th October, 2010, 06:02 PM
Hello
@founas: The Brabus software tuning is only available for the old Smart 450 with 600cc engine. On this model it is only a software change to upgrade the engine.
Since you have a 05 model as you say, you have a 700cc engine. Here the Fortwo Brabus has the same engine as the 82PS Roadster with a special intake and other turbo and oilcooler. Software has been especially rewritten for the fortwo with 150km/h max speed and reduction to 75PS at top end. Software upgrade from the normal 700cc is not available and would not work either.
The 452 Roadster Brabus 700cc 101PS again has different components like a bigger turbo, other throttle and intake, other injectors and water cooled intercooler.
The 450 Brabus Fortwo 101 limited is a mixture of the two above with a special software to allow 170km/h stock.
BR

Hugo01
1st November, 2010, 06:11 PM
Hi Taz23,

it's strange, because I asked at the Mercedes dealership and they told me they are able to do it and only stuff they will change is the air filter, air hose and the SW.

BTW: finaly I was able to reprogram the ECU and make the SCN coding (online). Now I have the Brabus SW at the ECU, but nothing change. I mean, I can see in DAS the actual version of SW which is the correct - actual Brabus one, no errors, everything works as it should, but the vehicle have exactly the same power as before. Do anybody knows why?

I just test it at the DYNO before and after the SW change, so that's why I know, there is no change from the power point of view.

Thanks

taz23
2nd November, 2010, 09:55 PM
Hi Taz23,

it's strange, because I asked at the Mercedes dealership and they told me they are able to do it and only stuff they will change is the air filter, air hose and the SW.

BTW: finaly I was able to reprogram the ECU and make the SCN coding (online). Now I have the Brabus SW at the ECU, but nothing change. I mean, I can see in DAS the actual version of SW which is the correct - actual Brabus one, no errors, everything works as it should, but the vehicle have exactly the same power as before. Do anybody knows why?

I just test it at the DYNO before and after the SW change, so that's why I know, there is no change from the power point of view.

Thanks

:-)
You onla ask questions but you cannot tell us what car you actually drive? Why do you let us guess around?
What car exactly do you have? 600cc or 700cc? 205004, 205005 or 205006 ecu? What was the software identification before and after? How do you know that it is a brabus file?
Once you say the software works as it should and next you say it runs like before with no additional power. Now what?

I can only repeat myself. The software upgragde only works on the 600cc. And they stopped in January 2004. Since then there is the 700cc engine and the Brabus engine is differrent in hardware. period. I drive such a car myself my friend!
If the brabus tuning software reminder pops up it only means the code flag is enabled. Nothing more.
The proper software id for my smart brabus 700cc 450 cabrio and latest software release is 42-43. The lastest software release for the 600cc Brabus is 74-B9.
What do you read on your car???
BR

Hugo01
3rd November, 2010, 09:59 PM
I have a 2005 700cc. I don't know how to find out what ECU version it is.

The actual SW version is 0010015858 (thats the brabus one) The previous version was 0014589010. I know it is a Brabus because it was coded with the Brabus Performance Tunning at DAS and it is also stated at the info for this SW version.

By "SW works as it should" I ment it works without errors, the car works normally, but without additional power.

As I said at official Mercedes dealer, they told me they can add the Brabus Performance Tunning to my car. Maybe they are wrong, but strange is I was able to code it in my car without any problem (with new version of DAS).

The software release status (if this is you asked for) is 18/03.

I made a log from my car, you can find it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/428741393/das_scco_20101103_2050_SMART450005WME4503301J20836 6_logstar.pdf

I can make few screenshots from DAS also, if it helps.

Thanks
Robin

wsc
4th November, 2010, 12:01 AM
:-)
You onla ask questions but you cannot tell us what car you actually drive? Why do you let us guess around?
What car exactly do you have? 600cc or 700cc? 205004, 205005 or 205006 ecu? What was the software identification before and after? How do you know that it is a brabus file?
Once you say the software works as it should and next you say it runs like before with no additional power. Now what?

I can only repeat myself. The software upgragde only works on the 600cc. And they stopped in January 2004. Since then there is the 700cc engine and the Brabus engine is differrent in hardware. period. I drive such a car myself my friend!
If the brabus tuning software reminder pops up it only means the code flag is enabled. Nothing more.
The proper software id for my smart brabus 700cc 450 cabrio and latest software release is 42-43. The lastest software release for the 600cc Brabus is 74-B9.
What do you read on your car???
BR

Hmmm M8 ...
I think that ECUs from 600,700,and roadster is EXACTLY same as about the Hardware the only different is the SW.-
I have downgragde and upgragde many many times 700(0261205006)to 600(0261205005,004)
roadster to 600 and 600 to roadster used and for different cars every time
About Brabus tuning:The old versions like 0261205005,004 they do not need nothing exept TAN code to work ,for new versions like 0261205006 there is a code (V__) who MUST performe \ONLY with online programming to work because SCN|(software number callibration) is programming about exhaust (of the Ecus involved with exhaust) for cars Euro3 and newer

Good luck to all M8s

wsc
4th November, 2010, 12:16 AM
The Brabus software "gives" about 75hp, your car is 61hp
Maybe there is problem, check your car...pipes,valves,turbo etc
"Someware" there is 14hp for you mate:flybye:

Hugo01
4th November, 2010, 12:18 PM
WSC: how do you upgrade it? I mean is it possible to change the SW at ECU from one model to another? If yes how? For example my Smart is the weakest 50HP model. Is it possible to put there SW from 61HP model? In DAS?

And another question, the Brabus Roadster 700cc have 101HP. I know, the Brabus Roadster have different turbo. But theoriticaly if I change the turbo to the Brabus Roadster model, is it possible to put in my ECU the SW from Brabus Roadster?

Thanks
Robin

taz23
4th November, 2010, 02:12 PM
Hello
Please post the ecu identification screen, not only the unit log screen.

@wsc 600cc and 700cc ecus are not compatible at all. Old is MEG1.0, new is MEG1.1.
BR

taz23
4th November, 2010, 02:28 PM
... my Smart is the weakest 50HP model...

If so, then your model has no electronic boost control. The hose from the turbo goes directly to the wastegate.
Your MB dealer should know such things! Take your bumper off and post some photos.
BR

wsc
4th November, 2010, 02:29 PM
Hello
Please post the ecu identification screen, not only the unit log screen.

@wsc 600cc and 700cc ecus are not compatible at all. Old is MEG1.0, new is MEG1.1.
BR

Mate u need some more tools exept Star Diag for making them the SAME.
u can clone them.........:hmmmm2:

wsc
4th November, 2010, 02:37 PM
WSC: how do you upgrade it? I mean is it possible to change the SW at ECU from one model to another? If yes how? For example my Smart is the weakest 50HP model. Is it possible to put there SW from 61HP model? In DAS?

And another question, the Brabus Roadster 700cc have 101HP. I know, the Brabus Roadster have different turbo. But theoriticaly if I change the turbo to the Brabus Roadster model, is it possible to put in my ECU the SW from Brabus Roadster?

Thanks
Robin

yes u can do everything you want but there is some problems like transmition because the SW for roadster is different in this part.There is tools whicch can use for change the SW for any ECUs in Smart cars
BR

Hugo01
4th November, 2010, 04:40 PM
taz23: here is the control unit identification screen http://www.gi4wd.com/!pictures/smart/cui.jpg (http://www.gi4wd.com/%21pictures/smart/cui.jpg)

and here is the picture of Forge hose. I'm pretty sure, there is the TIK http://www.gi4wd.com/!pictures/smart/tik_forge.jpg (http://www.gi4wd.com/%21pictures/smart/tik_forge.jpg)

wsc: ok, what tools? I bought a Tacho Universal 2008 couple month ago, but had no time to play with that yet. I just turn it on to check if it working or not. Is it possible to do it with this tool? I would like to add more power to my Smart, but I have limited time to play with it.

Thanks
Robin

Hugo01
10th November, 2010, 04:55 PM
any recommendation?

Laca06
17th January, 2011, 07:52 PM
Mate the SCN coding is "software callibration number" thats meeing cheksum the soft to comun with the other module who you havent perform with tan code.
The padlle shifting and softtouch is only a pach IS NOT PROGRAME like the BRABUS TUNING.
If the Vdoc havent update from DEALER MERCEDES BENZ the SB2 will never work..........
GOOD LUCK M8
SmartTancod?

Hugo01
22nd February, 2011, 01:22 PM
ok guys, here is what I have done, what is in the car and the car info:

1. 2005 Smart ForTwo, 700cc
2. TIK is present
3. Forge Air hose and K&N air filter
4. Brabus Performance Tunning was successful
5. SCN coding was done

I can see there is the Brabus Performance software when I check the ECU informations.

But there is no difference from point of power. I even test it on brake and still the same power as before. No errors, no problems with the car.

Any suggestions how to get 74HP (Brabus) from this Smart? To be honest I have no idea what is wrong, or why it doesn't work.

roadsterrt
23rd February, 2011, 08:24 AM
yes u can do everything you want but there is some problems like transmition because the SW for roadster is different in this part.There is tools whicch can use for change the SW for any ECUs in Smart cars
BR
gia xara patriwtaki
hi to all.
why are you messing around with star?
buy a galleto or a kwp2000 find or fix a custom file and load it.
there are more powerfull files than the brabus.

Bazil_mb
28th March, 2011, 02:29 PM
Hi to all
You need new camshaft i think.Verify to a dealer