PDA

View Full Version : linux ps3

clem58
28th October, 2009, 05:11 PM
can someone help, i want to add software to linux 6.2 on my ps3. when i do the following steps 1 application 2 system tools 3 add/remove software 4 enter my root pass word then enter ok. The message i get is (unable to retrieve software information). what do i need to do to get around this problem:help:

Raven
29th October, 2009, 12:29 AM
I mean this in a nice way pal, but honestly you really shouldn't have Linux on your PS3 if you don't know what you're doing with it and especially when you are either incapable or can't be bothered to find the information you require on a forum link that's been given to you that's been confirmed to have all the information you need there.....

clem58
29th October, 2009, 07:13 PM
I've found the software the linux won't let me enter it.I've followed the steps over and over but get the same response. But apart that i'm finding my way around linux i even have a book on it. i'm thinking if i put windows 7 in it might solve the problem, what do you think. Apart from that the linux maybe corrupted. Don't put a downer on me i'm trying my best and i will get there in the end.:shakehands:

Raven
29th October, 2009, 11:27 PM
Then why the bullcrap with you leaving messages on my profile page talking about how you are a "superior being" - the fact is you're being condescending and annoying on purpose, I gave you a link to all the information you could possibly need regarding Linux on the PS3 and if you can't or won't look through that to find what you need then there's nothing anybody can (or will) do is there pal....and please stop posting the same messages over and over clogging up this section with duplicate beg threads, everyone got your message the first time. Case closed, help us to help you.

clem58
30th October, 2009, 05:34 PM
I apologise, i don't mean to be annoying frustrated is all. :shakehands:

Raven
31st October, 2009, 02:24 AM
Frustrated because you're stumped or frustrated because you can't be bothered to put the effort in and nobody is helping you apart from me and I won't spoon feed you the solution which of course is what you really want....my advice to you is to find the other thread where I gave you that link, click it, and type in the search box there whatever your problem is, if it's getting Youtube to work then type in Youtube into the search. The link I gave you is for the PS3 section of the official Linux YDL website so any information or existing solution pertaining to Linux on PS3 is in that section - like I said you just have to look for it.

The reason I said you shouldn't have Linux on PS3 is simple, it's a tricky deal trust me and it just isn't a place for novices. I consider myself relatively computer savvy and even I struggle with Linux on PS3 and I'm up on the PS3 and computers but not Linux and that site for me acts as a handbook guide....but it's a struggle because I'm new to Linux and it can be finicky anyhow but especially on the PS3 if you want to fix teething issues like overscan problems or wireless internet not connecting automatically on bootup or your aforementioned Youtube issue. And if you can't or won't read to find your information then you've no chance.....I'm not trying to put a downer on you, this is just a simple fact - I'm trying to save you some time and fruitless effort....

Either search or forget about it totally. Take my word for it mate.

clem58
31st October, 2009, 01:22 PM
Thankyou :goodpost: