PDA

View Full Version : 2000 BMW E39 ABS CODING

obdmaster
28th October, 2009, 06:09 PM
A customer has a 2000 BMW E39, ABS control unit faulty, he has sourced himself a brand new unit. Fitted it ABS light goes out speedo works but yellow triangle in middle stays lit. Done a diagnostics and it says "23 incorrect coding". Is there any method to rectify this i have BMW inpa and BMW scanner 1.4.0 and the old unit still powers up. Much much thanks in advance for all replies.

Meat-Head
28th October, 2009, 09:16 PM
SERIOUS POST (for a change)

start with turn sterringwheel, fuly left and fully right, stood still then do it moving, just incase the TC (Tw*t Control) is not quite awake
if it don't work, frankly my dear i dont give a damm.

obdmaster
28th October, 2009, 09:31 PM
did try that my friend meat-head, spoke with seaman5705 and he says i need ncs expert mode for inpa has anyone got this to share please.

oh ye meathead:giveup:

Meat-Head
28th October, 2009, 11:19 PM
oh ye meathead:giveup:

THANKS. as it is fitted and the customer supplied it, if you can't do it yourself in a reasnable time, just call the dealer.

if you have never programmed one before, you might as well let the customer pay somebody else to screw up the new unit!

obdmaster
29th October, 2009, 08:19 PM
ye could just tell him to go dealers, but id rather learn how to do it myself. then i will know for next time,

Meat-Head
29th October, 2009, 10:39 PM
in that case tell the customer to drop the car off in the morning, piss off for the day and come back at close of play.

start with trying to see what data you can suck outta the old module!

maxgear
30th October, 2009, 03:57 PM
your sure the units are the same? esp requirers additionel hardware. you can see this when you screw of the ecu of the unit.

obdmaster
30th October, 2009, 04:02 PM
yes my friend same bosch part no.

andyss
30th October, 2009, 08:12 PM
ASC/DSC ecus are supplied non-coded and need to be coded by Bosch KTS or NCS expert or another diagnostic tool after raplece.I use KTS.Visit BMWECU.org to know more about NCS expert.It is not very easy to work with it.

obdmaster
30th October, 2009, 08:29 PM
ive been told ncs expert is part of inpa do you have a download link please be much appreciated thanks again for your help in this matter.

ive been given ncs instructions but no program can anyone help

andyss
30th October, 2009, 08:52 PM
go here:
Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum - View Single Post - Carsoft Success! (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14972175&postcount=607)

I didnt test it but should work

obdmaster
30th October, 2009, 08:58 PM
dont really fancy it from there and pass on bmw badge doesnt work thanks anyway though

andyss
30th October, 2009, 09:29 PM
Do google work for INPA 5.0.2 and you will find...Install CD has to be more then 200MB in size and schould contain INPA, NCS, WINKFP....

I thing Bosch is realy much better for this job,very easy....

Let me know if you need help with NCS.For some jobs it is good tool like airbag coding etc..

ali535d
31st October, 2009, 12:50 AM
i may know somone that can help

obdmaster
31st October, 2009, 01:38 AM
thankyou for the offer but im way up north

Meat-Head
31st October, 2009, 10:57 AM
thankyou for the offer but im way up north

NO OFFENCE INTENTED, no wounder you are been 'nasty' in the 'c2 wiper fault' thread, your a 'hard northerner' which makes me think you are a 'hardnosed bussineess man' it must be your real face on your avitar.

i'm more north than south.

"i'm a hard man myself"*

* short story went to an autogrumble wanted some bit but there were screwed to another part (too heavy/big) the stall holder was unable to unscrew the 4 screws, i had a go and had the strengh to do it... thing
is i was the weaskest of our group there and the stall holder said
"your a hard northerner" "i'm a hard man myself