PDA

View Full Version : easiest option

qwertyballs
13th August, 2008, 10:59 PM
hello

I have a eurovox that worked like a dream. I moved into a new place but it doesn't have cable. I get digital freeview by connecting to aerial socket in wall. I was told this is satellite feed. If I connected open media to this socket can I pick up channels?

Vrgn describe these new build apts in Belfast as a non cabled area and we can't put up sky satellite dishes so I don't know what to do

Any help is much appreciated

clit-eastwood
13th August, 2008, 11:04 PM
Ask your neighbours if any of them have sky, if they do, you will find that there is probably a communal dish on the building somewhere. A lot of apartment blocks are not allowed to have individual dishes, so they all share a comunal dish.

qwertyballs
13th August, 2008, 11:15 PM
do you mean to get a sky basic package in? Any chance open media would work via ( satellite) aerial socket?

clit-eastwood
13th August, 2008, 11:20 PM
eurovox wont work with a sky dish, you would have to get a compatible box for sky

qwertyballs
13th August, 2008, 11:28 PM
eurovox wont work with a sky dish, you would have to get a compatible box for sky

yes, I will get open media box. Just hoping it might have been able to pick up a feed from satellite that currently provides freeview

clit-eastwood
13th August, 2008, 11:34 PM
Yes that would work, also download the firmware to get all the rest of the channels.
Good luck

qwertyballs
14th August, 2008, 02:04 PM
Yes that would work, also download the firmware to get all the rest of the channels.
Good luck

thanks. 500cs ordered. Fingers crossed

qwertyballs
19th August, 2008, 03:48 PM
ok, got the box, did a scan on my satellite feed, only satellite name found was something like PANAMSTAT 1R

is this an actual satellite found or a default?

max_gee
20th August, 2008, 05:15 PM
if you are connecting it to a communial dish then more then likely its facing 28.2% what you do is select 28.2 or Eurobird from the list. make sure nit option is selected (if using the neutrino image) and do another scan

qwertyballs
21st August, 2008, 08:03 PM
if you are connecting it to a communial dish then more then likely its facing 28.2% what you do is select 28.2 or Eurobird from the list. make sure nit option is selected (if using the neutrino image) and do another scan

thanks

How do I select the satellite? I only get PANAMSAT 45 degrees. No other choice. I was using directional button

Am I doing something wrong?

aftermath
21st August, 2008, 08:20 PM
thanks

How do I select the satellite? I only get PANAMSAT 45 degrees. No other choice. I was using directional button

Am I doing something wrong?

you will probably need to enter your longitude and latitude , in your sat settings for your reciever to understand where the dish is.

Worldwide map search, route finder and travel directions - powered by Multimap (http://www.multimap.com) that will help you find it.

qwertyballs
21st August, 2008, 09:17 PM
you will probably need to enter your longitude and latitude , in your sat settings for your reciever to understand where the dish is.

Worldwide map search, route finder and travel directions - powered by Multimap (http://www.multimap.com) that will help you find it.

ok thanks!
Would this get entered in setup? Manual talked about setting language, time etc but mine was already set

All help appreciated

aftermath
21st August, 2008, 09:25 PM
cant remember exactly, as i dont have open media right now, but think its in the sat location, or DISEq2 . something like that, should be one of the first options when you have re flashed box and re started

qwertyballs
21st August, 2008, 09:44 PM
cant remember exactly, as i dont have open media right now, but think its in the sat location, or DISEq2 . something like that, should be one of the first options when you have re flashed box and re started

what is reflashing? How do I do it?

Thanks

qwertyballs
22nd August, 2008, 07:49 PM
All sorted. Thanks max_gee!!!