PDA

View Full Version : OPEL/Vauxhall? ECU Sec code?

shadow2
29th October, 2009, 04:08 PM
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has used the TIS2000 and opcom to decode the sec code from the ecu?

Motika
29th October, 2009, 04:24 PM
You can use opcom on a Corsa-C, some say you can use it on most models but i personally havent tried it.

silentaviation
30th October, 2009, 07:14 AM
I need to know too, I have a Holden Astra H 2007, and opcom, i need the security code to make some changes.

I went this morning to the Holden stealer that i bought the car from to ask for the code (a car pass was not supplied even though i bought the car brand new!) the charged me $70 Australian for the code, I tried the code and it doesn't work, i went back and they said the car had a new ECU before i bought it (Brand new) and the code would have been changed then, they have no record of the new code and are unwilling to sort it out or refund my $70!!

So any help to find the code or decode the car would be very very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance Guys!!

^^TommyTee
30th October, 2009, 01:35 PM
I need to know too, I have a Holden Astra H 2007, and opcom, i need the security code to make some changes.

I went this morning to the Holden stealer that i bought the car from to ask for the code (a car pass was not supplied even though i bought the car brand new!) the charged me $70 Australian for the code, I tried the code and it doesn't work, i went back and they said the car had a new ECU before i bought it (Brand new) and the code would have been changed then, they have no record of the new code and are unwilling to sort it out or refund my $70!!

So any help to find the code or decode the car would be very very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance Guys!!

hey

sounds too me like the garage that sold you the car are crooks

you buy a car from them and there unwilling too help

thats a joke

PremierD
30th October, 2009, 02:14 PM

Thanks in advance Guys!!

Can you remove the cluster mate ... strip (carefully) read the M35080 eeprom ( 08ODOWQ ) ...And upload .....?

silentaviation
30th October, 2009, 02:36 PM
They are Jokers!!
To be fair to them, i have had the car for two years and had no probs with it but still! Its a shame a good brand like Opel is let down by putting a Holden badge on it!

Anyway, how would i read the eeprom? Im not worried about stripping the instruments, i can do that! Cheers Lads!!

PremierD
30th October, 2009, 03:06 PM
You would have to Desoder it and get or borrow an eeprom reader Or find someone who can ... ( you have stripped one of these dashes..?) If not remember to unclip the Black plastic bit that holds the display in place then lift display out and let it dangle on the ribbon Before you try to split the faceplate from the PCB (otherwise you will tear the ribbon ..and be properly fcuked ....)

silentaviation
30th October, 2009, 03:15 PM
Never stripped an astra H but plenty of others. The eeprom reading bit sounds hard though!! there has got to be another way??

PremierD
30th October, 2009, 03:27 PM
Never stripped an astra H but plenty of others. The eeprom reading bit sounds hard though!! there has got to be another way??...

Yep there is .. There are two .. the first one you tried ....Stealer..the other one is to remove and strip you radio remove eeprom 95640 (I think) read and post ... same problem ,reading the eeprom ...sounds like your fcuked mate sorry...

silentaviation
30th October, 2009, 03:35 PM
ok mate thanks for your help,

z786
30th October, 2009, 08:16 PM
is m35080 and D80D0WQ the same thing??

z786
30th October, 2009, 08:34 PM
look at the German Version 090420
it have special funktions

does english version hav same function????????

PremierD
30th October, 2009, 08:40 PM
is m35080 and D80D0WQ the same thing??

Yep sure is mate ... Its the latest version of ST's M35080... And if you contact ST ..surprise surprise .. they never heard of them ...

z786
30th October, 2009, 08:57 PM
so do you have to program them in same 35080 menu? i.e. in tacho or eemprom programmer??

adamgr
30th October, 2009, 09:15 PM
look at the German Version 090420
it have special funktions

what car type and year was those screen shots from
Thanks Adam

lupu_sandu
30th October, 2009, 09:53 PM
This menu is on Astra G Z14XE, Z16XE.
Works ok even on Vectra B ecu, but you need to manual select Astra G>Engine Type.

PremierD
31st October, 2009, 12:24 AM
so do you have to program them in same 35080 menu? i.e. in tacho or eemprom programmer??

Yes mate you do, Its just the later version of the 35080..(Cannot Decrement the Increment Registers For anyone who does not know) ..Its fitted to all Later Bmw's Opels RRover sports, fFreelanders ...ETL have brought out an eraser for them .. Save you buying new (old ) M35080's.. that can be erased ..Being a Cannie Scotsman (tight) it interests me...:rolleyes:

z786
31st October, 2009, 02:39 AM
would that same eraser by etl also erase 35080 v6 or wud i need 2 buy v6 eraser??

also wer wud i purchase them from, dnt wanna buy a china clone

thanx

silentaviation
31st October, 2009, 05:14 AM
I can only test on Astra-G Z16XE ECU
MULTEC (H)
It is KW2000 Protokoll

Just tested on my Astra H, no joy! i have the VVT engine Z18XER and the menus are different, I tried going in through the Astra G but obviously no CAN-BUS and that engine was never fitted in the G! Back to the drawing board!!! :,-(

PremierD
31st October, 2009, 09:16 AM
would that same eraser by etl also erase 35080 v6 or wud i need 2 buy v6 eraser??

also wer wud i purchase them from, dnt wanna buy a china clone

thanx

You would need both mate ..in fact if you Add the VP ..version... Three....They are All different....And the best place is from the Original Maker of All the programmers ..

http://www.etlweb.com/

PremierD
1st November, 2009, 10:25 PM
Never stripped an astra H but plenty of others. The eeprom reading bit sounds hard though!! there has got to be another way??

Try this the mate.... http://rapidshare.com/files/301096042/Astra_H_dash.rar.html.
I think it will be the only way to get your pin ....

lupu_sandu
1st November, 2009, 10:51 PM
On Astra H Pin is stored also in dash.
This is the easy part. Read dash (M35080) and you will find pin.
Pin is stored in clear (Hex)

PremierD
1st November, 2009, 10:55 PM

Just added file to sho him how to strip it mate....

z786
2nd November, 2009, 01:04 AM

what location (address) would the pin be?

PremierD
2nd November, 2009, 11:15 AM
what location (address) would the pin be?

Try this mate....

martin33
2nd November, 2009, 01:08 PM
This screen in made from Winhex? Or ist some output file from OP-COM?

PremierD
2nd November, 2009, 03:08 PM
This screen in made from Winhex? Or ist some output file from OP-COM?

Just a print out from a section of the 35080 eeprom ..in Hex-Worshop mate...

instructor
3rd November, 2009, 10:32 PM
Try this mate....

Is this hex the car pass number?

PremierD
4th November, 2009, 10:12 AM
Is this hex the car pass number?

Sure is mate....

silentaviation
6th November, 2009, 04:10 PM
Hi All, 1st time i have been here for a week so I have missed all your posts, thanks everyone.

silentaviation
6th November, 2009, 04:11 PM
Try this the mate.... RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/301096042/Astra_H_dash.rar.html).
I think it will be the only way to get your pin ....

This link no longer works, any chance of getting it reloaded?
Cheers.

PremierD
6th November, 2009, 04:37 PM
This link no longer works, any chance of getting it reloaded?
Cheers.

Have pin location here ..but not the PDF for removig dashboad ...will upload about 19;00 my time tonight ...

silentaviation
6th November, 2009, 06:09 PM
Have pin location here ..but not the PDF for removig dashboad ...will upload about 19;00 my time tonight ...

OK, clocks are out and covers are off, thats it for tonight! Looking forward to your info in the morning PD.

Thanks again mate :-)

silentaviation
6th November, 2009, 10:55 PM
Hello,

this is from GM Database:

GM Radio Serial Number : AD307501****
Key Number : Z5***
Radio Type : AD30
im*obilizer Code : 8***

so this should the original one...

greetings
Marco

PS: I have made Vin and Code unreadable... he got an PM with Code.

Hi, Great job my friend, Sadly though this is the same information that i have so this code does not work :-( looks like the only option is to Hack the dash chip. I hope it works. Thanks again!!

silentaviation
7th November, 2009, 02:51 PM
Ok, More bad news, I did what PremierD said and it all worked exactly as he said it would. trouble is it gave me the same code Holden gave me and Opcom will not accept this code as the security code, I am confused even more now. Is the code wrong? Is my opcom not working properly? am i doing something wrong?

Meat-Head
7th November, 2009, 07:03 PM
Ok, More bad news, I did what PremierD said and it all worked exactly as he said it would. trouble is it gave me the same code Holden gave me and Opcom will not accept this code as the security code, I am confused even more now. Is the code wrong? Is my opcom not working properly? am i doing something wrong?

if you havaen't already disconnect the vechile battery for a bit, then repeat experiment with that code.

silentaviation
8th November, 2009, 01:26 PM
I actually got it to work shortly after my last post, I went in with the german version and the code was accepted. then when i closed the german and opened the english version it worked too! Bizarre! still dont understand why i didnt work before but it does now, so im happy as a pig in sh1t! Thanks everybody for your help.

Kizmet
10th January, 2010, 09:31 PM
Hello,

this is from GM Database:

GM Radio Serial Number : AD307501****
Key Number : Z5***
Radio Type : AD30
im*obilizer Code : 8***

so this should the original one...

greetings
Marco

PS: I have made Vin and Code unreadable... he got an PM with Code.

dude where do you pull that info from? and what info do you need to retreive it? work in a garage and have problems getting the car pass for some of the newer vauxhalls and hate going to stealers.

pecky
24th January, 2010, 11:22 PM
It would be useful to me if I could read the m35080 in the Astra MK5 clocks to recover the security code.

What's the cheapest way to dump the contents of the m35080, I'm not interested in writing, just reading.

PremierD
25th January, 2010, 09:00 AM
It would be useful to me if I could read the m35080 in the Astra MK5 clocks to recover the security code.

What's the cheapest way to dump the contents of the m35080, I'm not interested in writing, just reading.

Standard eeprom programmer mate ,that has the M35080 in the device list... Plus you need to remove it (to be on the safe side)..

BimmerGT1
20th February, 2010, 04:15 AM
get a tcode to read the security key and you can sue this to reprogram it will cost you around 300usd for the tcode,

obdmaster
20th February, 2010, 11:34 AM
get a tcode to read the security key and you can sue this to reprogram it will cost you around 300usd for the tcode,

Only works on immobiliser 1, if code has already been entered in the vehicles life m8.