PDA

View Full Version : dll fault and no internet pictures

mcmasterg
14th August, 2008, 09:33 AM
Hi
this is a bit of a roll on problem from my virus problem it looks like pc is nice and clean but ever since the fault i am getting error loading c:\windows\system32\gwcyyeoc.dll at boot up stage and i always have to go into internet options advance and turn on veiw pictures every time i turn on my pc. has anyone eles had this fault, did you fix it and can you share how you did.
I still get the odd web page click up on its owen all adds or search pages cammel being a big fav but not to the point i was maybe only 2/3 in the time that i am on the pc.:giveup:

aftermath
14th August, 2008, 10:16 AM
have you tried a different web browser, like Firefox ?

google Mozilla Firefox, and install that.

Make sure you set it to be default browser when it asks

UnitedPirate
14th August, 2008, 10:48 AM
Tried re-installing ie7. I'm not sure how but it should be possible.

mcmasterg
14th August, 2008, 10:52 AM
i have reinstalled internet exp 7 but that did not change anything not trye firefox what is this?????

UnitedPirate
16th August, 2008, 11:25 AM
Firefox is an IE7 alternative. I dont wanna get into a debate about it but some people prefer it.

To try and fix IE7, if you really dont like firefox, you could try one of those PC repair programs. I'm not sure what the decent ones are these days but a bif of research should do the trick.

Whats really strange is a google search for that dll finds nothing? Maybe a scan with SuperAntiSpyware is worth a go. Just get the free version off their website or look for a registered version, if you know where to look.

Good Luck

B19MO
27th September, 2008, 09:22 AM
if its an .dll file problem insert your xp cd into your CD-ROM drive then click start > run > cmd > press enter > type sfc /scannow and that should repair your .dll file